Tenth anniversaries are traditionally for tin. So we’re commemorating the tenth anniversary of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection Business Center and Business Blog by doing some tin-kering that regular readers may have noticed. (Sorry. After a decade, the wordplay is second nature.)
Take a quick look at the BCP Business Center and you’ll see it’s undergone some renovations. Front and center now are direct links to our primary topics: Advertising & Marketing, Credit & Finance, and Privacy & Security. You’ll also have easier access to:
- Legal Resources. Cases, closing letters, etc., are listed with the most recent first. You’ll also find subject-specific legal resources links on each topic page. For example, scroll down to bottom the the Data Security page for the latest cases, reports, etc., on that topic.
- Selected Industries. Find special industry-specific resources – for example, information for clothing and textile companies, jewelers, and auto dealers.
- Protecting Small Business. We have lots of materials to help smaller companies protect themselves from scams and threats to the security of their data.
- Guidance. That’s where you’ll find an alphabetical list of the Bureau of Consumer Protection’s more than 125 staff publications offering to-the-point compliance tips. Titles run the gamut from App Developers: Start with Security to Wedding Gown Labels: Unveiling the Requirements.
- Información en español. Some of our most popular business publications are also available in Spanish.
Immediately below those buttons is a large visual on thel left calling your attention to the latest Business Blog post, with other recent posts on the right. On September 2, 2010 – the date the BCP Business Blog opened for business – we promised you “a minimum of ho-hum, a maximum of how-to, and as little yadda yadda yadda as a legal website can manage.” 1,329 posts later and that’s still our guiding principle.
Read further and you’ll see Featured Resources. That’s where we highlight a rotating selection of staff business guidance publications – especially ones relevant to timely FTC cases and initiatives.
Below that is Videos, our screening room of clips to help streamline your compliance efforts. In just a minute or two, you can help train your team on how to Defend Against Ransomware, Comply with the CAN-SPAM Act, or offer Advice for Social Media Influencers, to name just a few titles.
Scroll to the end and you’ll find links to Upcoming Events, an easy way to keep your calendar current on FTC workshops and conferences.
Of course, you’re the Business Center’s customer. Let us know what we can do to offer business people, advertising professionals, attorneys, and others the resources you need to comply with established consumer protection standards. Why wait? Share a comment right now.<