Welcome to the Office of Congressional Relations
The Office of Congressional Relations works closely with members of Congress and their staffs. The Office informs Commissioners and FTC staff of Capitol Hill issues and policies, and helps provide information on legislation of interest to the Commission. It also coordinates the preparation of both Congressional testimony and responses to Congressional inquiries concerning FTC policies and programs.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please send all letters electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Federal Trade Commission remains focused on protecting consumers during this difficult time. FTC Staff has created a webpage dedicated to the agency’s actions addressing the Coronavirus pandemic as well as a page for Coronavirus scams. Both webpages will continue to be updated as new information arises. Please share this valuable information with your constituents as we continue to navigate these uncertain times.
- Jeanne Bumpus, Director Commission Jurisdiction and Authority, Appropriations, Reauthorization, Healthcare Competition, Special Projects
- Claudia Simons, Legislative Counsel Financial Practices Issues — Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley; Advertising Issues, COVID-19 Related Issues, MLM/Pyramid Schemes, Senior Issues
- Kim Vandecar, Senior Congressional Liaison Marketing Practices — Telemarketing, Do-Not-Call, Privacy and Identity Protection, Enforcement; Data Security, Privacy Issues, Healthcare Competition, Gas/Energy, Competition Issues
- Molly Crawford, Legislative Counsel Right to Repair, Section 230/Content Moderation Issues, Rulemaking Group, 13(b), Privacy, Data Security, Competition Issues
- Philip Runco, Congressional Liaison Appropriations, Government Wide Bills, Made in the USA, Pet Medications, Building Issues, Spam, Funeral Rule, Care Labeling, Wool and Fur Labeling, Country of Origin, SAFE WEB, and Name, Image, Likeness
- Derick Rill, Congressional Liaison Congressional Outreach, Constituent Assistance
- Catherine Wayne, Congressional Paralegal General Inquiries