Welcome to the Office of Congressional Relations
The Office of Congressional Relations works closely with members of Congress and their staffs. The Office informs Commissioners and FTC staff of Capitol Hill issues and policies, and helps provide information on legislation of interest to the Commission. It also coordinates the preparation of both Congressional testimony and responses to Congressional inquiries concerning FTC policies and programs.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please send all letters electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Federal Trade Commission remains focused on protecting consumers during this difficult time. FTC Staff has created a webpage dedicated to the agency’s actions addressing the Coronavirus pandemic as well as a page for Coronavirus scams. Both webpages will continue to be updated as new information arises. Please share this valuable information with your constituents as we continue to navigate these uncertain times.
- Jeanne Bumpus, Director Commission Jurisdiction and Authority, Appropriations, Reauthorization, Healthcare Competition
- Claudia Simons, Legislative Counsel Financial Practices Issues — Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley; Advertising Issues, Identity Theft, Eyeglass Rule and Contact Lens Rule, Concussion Claims
- Kim Vandecar, Senior Congressional Liaison Marketing Practices — Telemarketing, Do-Not-Call; Data Security, Privacy Issues, Gas/Energy, US Safeweb, Competition Issues
- Philip Runco, Congressional Liaison Spam, Made in the USA, Pet Medications, Appropriations, Government Wide Bills, Building Issues, Franchise Rule
- Derick Rill, Congressional Liaison Congressional Outreach, Constituent Assistance
- Catherine Wayne, Congressional Paralegal, General Inquiries