To be considered for employment, you must be:
- a U.S. citizen.
You may be required to sign a pre-employment affidavit declaring that you meet the above requirement.
How to Apply
To apply for a position at the FTC, including Honors Paralegal and internship positions, please follow the instructions below:
- Click on the below job title or search USAjobs.gov to find vacancies at the FTC.
- Read the job posting in its entirety, including all requirements and qualifications.
- Follow all of the instructions to submit application materials. Make sure you include all required documents and address supplemental questions. If your application is incomplete, it will not be considered.
- You can check the status of your application at any time through the USAjobs.gov website by signing in and selecting “Application Status.”
If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us at 202-326-2021 or TDD: 202-326-3422 prior to the closing date. Please note that requests for extensions of time may not be granted.
The FTC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Candidates requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the agency contact listed on the job opportunity. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
How Applications Are Evaluated
Applications and responses are evaluated through the category rating process. More information about category rating is available on OPM's website. We rate applications based on the extent, quality, and relevancy of your experience, education, and training. The applications are then divided into three categories: “Qualified”, “Well Qualified”, and “Best Qualified” based on the answers to the application questions.
Displaced Federal Employees
Displaced federal employees may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). To receive this priority consideration you must:
- Be a displaced federal employee.
- Submit a copy of documentation that confirms your priority consideration, such as a Reduction in Force (RIF) Separation Notice or a letter from OPM or your agency.
- Submit a copy of your current performance appraisal along with your ICTAP proof of eligibility.
- Receive a rating of “Best Qualified” as described above (How Applications Are Evaluated)
Special Hiring Authorities
Individuals with disabilities, veterans, students, and interns may be eligible for special hiring authorities. If you are eligible, please indicate this when you apply, and follow all instructions to submit your application. More information about Hiring Authorities is available through the OPM website.