The FTC hosted its sixth annual PrivacyCon on July 27, 2021. PrivacyCon 2021 brought together a diverse group of stakeholders, including researchers, academics, industry representatives, consumer advocates, and government regulators, to discuss the latest research and trends related to consumer privacy and data security. The call for presentations sought empirical research and demonstrations on such issues as:
- The nature and evolution of privacy and security risks;
- privacy and security issues related to working from home;
- the costs and benefits of privacy and security;
- effectiveness of consumer privacy and security disclosures:
- algorithmic bias and ensuring fairness in algorithmic use; and
- privacy-enhancing technologies for consumers.
Information on how to submit a presentation can be found in the call for presentations. The deadline for submissions was April 9, 2021.
No pre-registration was required. The event was free and open to the public and webcast on the FTC’s website at www.ftc.gov.