The FTC will host its sixth annual PrivacyCon on July 27, 2021. PrivacyCon 2021 will bring together a diverse group of stakeholders, including researchers, academics, industry representatives, consumer advocates, and government regulators, to discuss the latest research and trends related to consumer privacy and data security. The call for presentations seeks empirical research and demonstrations on such issues as:
- The nature and evolution of privacy and security risks;
- privacy and security issues related to working from home;
- the costs and benefits of privacy and security;
- effectiveness of consumer privacy and security disclosures:
- algorithmic bias and ensuring fairness in algorithmic use; and
- privacy-enhancing technologies for consumers.
Information on how to submit a presentation can be found in the call for presentations. The deadline for submissions is April 9, 2021.
The event is free and open to the public and will be webcast on the FTC’s website at www.ftc.gov.