Physical Security Quiz
Strong physical security is an important part of cybersecurity. A burglary, lost laptop, stolen mobile device, or misplaced flash drive can have serious consequences.
To find out how much you know about physical security, select the correct response for each question.
1. Promoting physical security includes protecting:
A. Only paper files.
B. Only paper files and any computer on which you store electronic copies of those files.
C. Only paper files, flash drives, and point-of-sale devices.
D. All the above plus any other device with sensitive information on it.
2. Paper files that have sensitive information should be disposed of in a locked trash bin. True or False?
3. When you hit the “delete” key, that means a file is automatically removed from your computer. True or False?
4. Which one of these statements is true?
A. It’s best to use multi-factor authentication to access areas of the business network with sensitive information.
B. You should use the same password for key business devices to guarantee that high-level employees can access them in an emergency.
C. The best way to protect business data is to make sure no one loses any device.
D. You shouldn’t limit login attempts on key business devices, because getting locked out for having too many incorrect attempts would leave you unable to access your accounts.
5. Only people with access to sensitive data need to be trained on the importance of the physical security of files and equipment. True or False?