The FTC’s Economic Liberty Task Force will host a series of public events on issues related to occupational licensing. The FTC often uses public workshops and roundtables to further its research, scholarship, and advocacy on important competition and consumer protection topics.
Through our public roundtable series, the FTC’s Economic Liberty Task Force intends to accomplish the following goals:
- Convene a variety of stakeholders who represent diverse perspectives on occupational licensing;
- Gather information from experts and develop a useful public record;
- Create opportunities for in-depth discussion, analysis, and problem-solving;
- Identify action items and areas for further study; and
- Advance the nationwide dialogue on occupational licensing reform.
The FTC’s Economic Liberty Task Force has established a docket to accept public comments in connection with each event. Please see individual event pages for instructions on how to submit public comments, questions for consideration, and relevant deadlines.
- December 14, 2017: Voices for Liberty Fireside Chat
- November 7, 2017: The Effects of Occupational Licensure on Competition, Consumers, and the Workforce: Empirical Research and Results
- July 27, 2017: Streamlining Licensing Across State Lines: Initiatives to Enhance Occupational License Portability
- March 23, 2017: FTC and State of Nebraska Co-Host Twitter Chat on Economic Liberty