Due to the developing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, and consistent with guidance from the Office of Personnel Management, the Premerger Notification Office (PNO) will implement a temporary e-filing system. During this emergency, all filings must be submitted via this system, and all hard copy and DVD submissions will be suspended. Key facts are as follows:
- The PNO will be open to accept hard copy and DVD Hart-Scott-Rodino filings until Friday March 13, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- The PNO will not accept any filings on Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Beginning at 8:30 am on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the PNO will accept HSR filings only via the temporary e-filing system.
- The system will involve uploading documents to a secure Accellion file-transfer platform using the same file formats as specified for DVD filings on the Style Sheet for Hart-Scott-Rodino Filings.
- While this temporary system is in place, early termination will not be granted for any filing.
- The Department of Justice will implement the same procedures.
The PNO is working to get this system in place on a very tight schedule. The PNO has issued specific guidance on the temporary e-filing system and PNO operating procedures. If you have questions after reviewing our guidance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your support and patience during this difficult time.
The Federal Trade Commission works to promote competition, and protect and educate consumers. You can learn more about how competition benefits consumers or file an antitrust complaint. Like the FTC on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, read our blogs, and subscribe to press releases for the latest FTC news and resources.
Office of Public Affairs
Kathryn E. Walsh
Bureau of Competition