Guidance for businesses on how to get support, avoid scams, and follow appropriate practices in the marketplace.
Antitrust and Competition
- FTC Comment Supports Provisions in Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Interim Final Rule that Reduce or Eliminate Restrictive Medicare Payment Requirements for Telehealth and Related Services during Pandemic
- Federal Trade Commission and Justice Department Issue Joint Statement Announcing They are on Alert for Collusion in U.S. Labor Markets
- FTC to Resume Processing HSR Early Termination Requests on March 30
- Federal Trade Commission and Justice Department Announce Expedited Antitrust Procedure and Guidance for Coronavirus Public Health Efforts
- Premerger Notification Office Implements Temporary e-Filing System
- Antitrust review at the FTC: staying the course during uncertain times
- Resuming early termination of HSR reviews
- Changes in Bureau procedure during COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic
- FTC Chairman Joe Simons Outlines the Agency’s Approach to Safeguarding Consumers during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus Warning Letters
- Advertisers: Stop unproven COVID claims or face penalties under new law
- First FTC case filed under new COVID-19 Consumer Protection Act
- A word to landlords about eviction moratoriums
- Business owners: Scams will follow new rescue plan
- What to do if you’re billed for an SBA EIDL loan you don’t owe
- Business owners: Latest COVID scam is directed at you
- Nursing homes: Stimulus payments are for residents
- Student loan debt and COVID: FTC sends warning letter to Frank Financial Aid
- 20 more marketers making COVID claims receive FTC warning letters
- Zooming in on Zoom’s unfair and deceptive security practices: More about the FTC settlement
- The FTC Chairman is not writing to you
- Fake government affiliation: A name game no one should play
- School’s in session: 7 considerations to secure your system
- 20 more warning letters tell companies to cut out unproven COVID-19 claims
- Selling COVID-19 protective equipment? Honor your shipping promises.
- Protecting small businesses seeking financing during the pandemic
- FTC to advertiser: Where’s your proof for COVID-19, cancer, and Parkinson’s Disease “treatment” claims?
- Company claimed “Ships Tomorrow,” but where were the masks and respirators?
- FTC-SBA warning letters caution against misleading loan program claims
- Privacy during coronavirus
- New FTC COVID-19 warning letters take total to 250
- They use a COVID-19 pitch to sell WHAT?!
- Looking for small business financing? Read this first.
- FTC again warns multi-level marketers about unproven health and earnings claims
- Unemployment benefits fraud puts workers at risk of more ID theft
- The letters of the law: 35 more companies warned about questionable COVID claims
- 50 more FTC warning letters say “Enough!” to questionable coronavirus claims
- FTC-FCC warning letters suggest a different kind of distancing
- Big concerns about small business loan pitches
- Nursing homes and assisted living facilities: Hands off residents' stimulus checks
- Fighting Coronavirus scams: Taking stock
- 45 more companies get coronavirus warning letters
- When the economic impact of COVID-19 hits home
- New funding for Coronavirus SBA loans attracts scammers
- What’s at the intersection of COVID-19, cancer claims, and CBD? This FTC case
- New FTC warning letters cite unsupported Coronavirus-related health and earnings claims
- 21 more companies warned about questionable COVID claims
- First FTC coronavirus lawsuit alleges company lured consumers with false SBA connection
- Small business financing: Considerations for borrowers and lenders during the coronavirus crisis
- Thinking about making Coronavirus claims? Read the latest FTC warning letters first.
- COPPA Guidance for Ed Tech Companies and Schools during the Coronavirus
- Joint letters take new steps to stop illegal Coronavirus robocalls
- Small businesses: Where to go for financial relief information
- Seven Coronavirus scams targeting your business
- Where small businesses can turn for accurate information about financial relief
- New Coronavirus warning letters: Who can it be now?
- FTC, FDA warn companies making Coronavirus claims