The Office of Public Affairs (OPA) offers university students interested and skilled in communications, digital media, social media, marketing, analytics, and government and media affairs opportunities to work alongside federal employees who are communications and strategy professionals.
You’ll learn from seasoned professionals, experience one of the best places to work in the federal government, and be expected to contribute your energy, skills and innovative ideas to the agency’s mission to protect consumers and competition.
OPA has two Digital Media Intern positions that it fills on a rotating basis with qualified and interested students who are U.S. citizens. Student volunteers (unpaid) work with us part-time during the academic year, and full-time interns (paid if budget permits) or volunteers (unpaid) join us in the summer.
How to Apply
OPA has posted these positions in the Handshake system used by most colleges and universities in the Washington D.C. area. If you have a Handshake account at one of the local schools, please apply by submitting your resume in the system.
Not in Handshake? Applicants can also email their resume to Nicole Drayton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Call 202-326-2565.
Digital Media Intern
The Office of Public Affairs (OPA) at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is eager to provide an opportunity for an interested and interesting student to share their creativity and enthusiasm for cutting edge communications and digital design with a fun loving group of 12 communications and digital strategy professionals educating the public about the FTC’s work.
OPA is responsible for informing the public about the FTC’s diverse law enforcement actions and policy work. The office is the agency’s main point of contact with the news media and manages FTC’s social media accounts and primary website, FTC.gov. One of OPA’s primary objectives is to ensure that American consumers have a high awareness and understanding of the FTC’s work.
As our digital media intern, you will:
- collaborate with our digital team and the other OPA staff to develop and manage multimedia content and campaigns,
- use analytics to analyze customer needs and behavior,
- research new approaches to digital outreach,
- manage website content in our Drupal content management system, and
- innovate and experiment with new approaches to broaden our reach and extend our message.
- execute and advance the FTC's efforts in social media in collaboration with OPA’s Social Media Strategist,
- develop multimedia content to engage and grow FTC’s consumer audience,
Thanks for reading this and thinking about joining us!