Secure Remote Access Quiz
Do you know which security standards you should follow before connecting to the company network remotely?
To test your understanding of securing remote access, select the correct response for each question or statement.
1. Before connecting remotely to the company network, your personal device should meet the same security requirements as company-issued devices. True or False?
2. What is a common way to help protect devices connected to the company network?
A. Only use laptops and other mobile devices with full-disk encryption.
B. Change your smartphone settings to let your devices connect automatically to public Wi-Fi.
C. Let guests and customers use the same secure Wi-Fi that you use.
D. Use the router’s pre-set password so you won’t forget it.
3. Keeping your router’s default name will help security professionals identify it and thus help protect your network’s security. True or False?
4. WPA2 and WPA3 encryption are the encryption standards that will protect information sent over a wireless network. True or False?
5. Which of the following describes the best way to make sure you are securely accessing the company network remotely?
A. Read your company’s cybersecurity policies thoroughly.
B. Use VPN when connecting remotely to the company network.
C. Use unique, complex network passwords and avoid unattended, open workstations.
D. Do all of the above.