In January 2015, the FTC commenced a study of the effectiveness of the Commission’s orders in merger cases where it required a divestiture or other remedy. The study was intended to update and expand on the divestiture study the FTC issued in 1999. The study, which was cleared by the Office of Management and Budget on August 12, 2015, focused on 90 merger orders issued by the Commission between 2006 and 2012. A report on the study was released in January 2017.
- The FTC's Merger Remedies 2006-2012: A Report of the Bureaus of Competition and Economics
- FTC Releases Staff Study Examining Commission Merger Remedies between 2006 and 2012 (Press Release, February 3, 2017)
- Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request (Federal Register Notice June 16, 2015)
- FTC Announces Second Federal Register Notice for its Merger Remedy Study; OMB Clearance Requested (Press Release, June 10, 2015)
- Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request (Divestiture Remedy Study) (Federal Register Notice Jan. 16, 2015)
- FTC Proposes to Study Merger Remedies (Press Release, Jan. 9, 2015)