The Federal Trade Commission will hold an informal hearing on its proposed rule prohibiting government and business impersonation at 1 p.m. on May 4, 2023. Chief Administrative Law Judge D. Michael Chappell will preside over the hearing, which will be held virtually and livestreamed on ftc.gov.
The following thirteen interested persons have requested to make an oral submission at the hearing:
- Risk Management Society (speaker: Mr. Stuart Ruff-Lyon, Chief Events & Sales Officer)
- Consumer Technology Association (speaker: J. David Grossman, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs)
- Exhibitions & Conferences Alliance (speaker: Thomas F. (Tommy) Goodwin, Vice President of Government Affairs)
- International Association of Exhibitions and Events (speaker: Nicole Bowman, MBA, CEM, VP of Marketing & Communications for IAEE and Executive Director of Exhibitions Mean Business)
- American Society of Association Executives (speaker: Michelle I. Mason, FASAE, CAE, President and CEO)
- William MacLeod, Esq.
- USTelecom – The Broadband Association (speaker: Joshua M. Bercu, Vice President, Policy & Advocacy)
- Neil Chilson, Esq.
- Voice on the Net Coalition (speaker: Glenn S. Richards, outside counsel)
- American Bankers Association
- Anti-Phishing Working Group (speaker: Peter Cassidy, Secretary General)
- NCTA - The Internet & Television Association (speaker: Joni Lupovitz, Vice President & Associate General Counsel)
The order of the oral submissions will be as listed above. Each oral statement will be limited to five minutes. Each speaker’s oral presentation should be limited to the topic of the proposed trade regulation rule entitled “Rule on Impersonation of Government and Businesses.”
The Federal Trade Commission works to promote competition and protect and educate consumers. Learn more about consumer topics at consumer.ftc.gov, or report fraud, scams, and bad business practices at ReportFraud.ftc.gov. Follow the FTC on social media, read consumer alerts and the business blog, and sign up to get the latest FTC news and alerts.