The Federal Trade Commission held the sixth session of its Hearings initiative, with two and a half days of sessions on The Intersection of Big Data, Privacy, and Competition. The event took place on November 6 – 8, 2018, at American University Washington College of Law, in Washington, D.C.
This video is a recording of Nov 6 Session 4, which featured the following presentations:
- The Impact of GDPR on EU Technology Venture Investment;
- Big Data Fails: Recent Research into the Surprising Ineffectiveness of Black-Box AI;
- Corporate Data Ethics: Risk Management for the Big Data Economy;
- Free Speech and Data Privacy;
- FTC Experience with Data Markets
The hearings examined the role that data play in competition and innovation and will also consider the antitrust analysis of mergers and firm conduct where data is a key asset or product.