The Green Guides were issued to help marketers ensure that the claims they are making are true and substantiated. The guidance they provide includes:
- general principles that apply to all environmental marketing claims;
- how consumers are likely to interpret particular claims and how marketers can substantiate these claims; and
- how marketers can qualify their claims to avoid deceiving consumers.
For more information, check out the Business Center's Environmental Marketing page.
Environmental Marketing Consumer Perception Study
for Request for Public Comment on Proposed, Revised Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims (16 C.F.R. Part 260)
(Matter No. P954501; Program Code N14)
- Section 1 - summarizes the study methodology, including sampling and weighting procedures employed by Harris Interactive for this research product.
- Section 2 - presents the questionnaire, which was administered online by Harris Interactive to members of its online panel in August, 2009.
- Section 3 - shows how the online questionnaire appeared to respondents by reproducing sample "screen shots."
- Section 4 - presents an overview of the research results, prepared by Harris Interactive.