- "Physician market structure, patient outcomes, and spending: an examination of Medicare beneficiaries," with Brett Wendling and Nathan Wilson, Health Services Research, 2018.
- "How vertical integration affects the quantity and cost of care for Medicare beneficiaries," with Brett Wendling and Nathan Wilson, Journal of Health Economics, 2017.
- "Taking versus taxing: an analysis of conscription in a private information economy," with Javier Birchenall, Public Choice, 2016.
- "All internal in the family? Measuring spillovers from public health insurance," Journal of Human Resources, 2015.
- "'Gallantry in Action': Evidence of Advantageous Selection in a Voluntary Army," Journal of Law and Economics, 2015.
- "Bankruptcy, medical insurance, and a law with unintended consequences," Health Economics, 2014.
- "One pool to insure them all? Age, risk and the price (s) of medical insurance," International Journal of Industrial Organization, 2014.
- "Bankruptcy, Medical Insurance and a Law with Unintended Consequences," Health Economics, 2014.
- "Using RD Design to Understand Heterogeneity in Health Insurance Crowd-Out," Journal of Health Economics, 2013.
- "Pound Wise and Penny Foolish? Weight Loss and The Dynamics of Health Care Spending," BE Forum for Health Economics & Policy, 2011.
- "What Fills the Gaps Left by Employer-Provided Insurance?," Journal of Labor Research, 2009.
Fields of Interest
- Risk and Uncertainty
Federal Trade Commission
University of California, Santa Barbara