Shawn W. Ulrick
- "Price Effects of a Merger: Evidence from a Physicians' Market,” with Thomas Koch, Economic Inquiry, 2020.
- "A Continuous Income-Based Grade Gap Decomposition on University Course Grades," with Kevin P. Mongeon and Michael P. Giannetto, Applied Economics, 2018.
- "Does Merger Enforcement Depend on the Portion of the Merger Associated with the Competitive Concerns?," with Malcolm B. Coate, Journal of Antitrust Enforcement, 2017.
- "Inferring Anticompetitive Price Effects from Difference-in-Difference Analysis: A Caveat," with Seth B. Sacher, Journal of Competition Law & Economics, 2015.
- "A primer on AIDS-based Models in Antitrust," European Competition Journal, 2014.
- "The Oaxaca Decomposition Generalized to a Continuous Group Variable," Economics Letters, 2012.
- "Measuring Price Dynamics: A Guide to Understanding Payer-Physician Claims Data," with Douglas Herman, Journal of Economic and Social Measurement, 2012.
- "Comparing Merger Policies in the European Union and the United States," with Mats Bergman, Maria Jakobsson, and Malcolm B. Coate, Review of Industrial Organization, 2010.
- "Using Semiparametric Methods in an Analysis of Earnings Mobility," Econometrics Journal, 2008.
- "Transparency at the Federal Trade Commission: The Horizontal Merger Review Process 1996-2003," with Malcolm B. Coate, Antitrust Law Journal, 2006.
- "Does Merger Enforcement Depend on the Portion of the Merger Associated with the Competitive Concerns?," Western Economics Association. Vancouver BC, Canada (2018)
- Various, Canadian Economics Association. Canada
- "Horizontal Merger Enforcement at FTC," International Industrial Organization Conference. Atlanta, GA (2005)
- "Using Semiparametric Methods in an Analysis of Earnings Mobility," ESRC Econometric Study Group Conference. Bristol, England (2000)
Fields of Interest
- Applied Econometrics
- Applied Labor Economics
Federal Trade Commission
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Teaching Assistant for PhD Econometrics Course
University of Iowa
Research Consultant in Labor Economics Litigation
George R. Neumann and Associates