F. David Osinski
- "The FTC's Merger Remedies 2006-2012: A Report of the Bureaus of Competition and Economics," 2017.
- "John Kwoka's Mergers, Merger Control, and Remedies: A Critical Review," with Michael Vita, SSRN Working Paper No. 2888485 (2016) and Antitrust Law Journal, forthcoming.
- Submitted affidavit estimating purchases and damages, In re Vitamin Antitrust Litigation, October 19, 2006.
- Submitted affidavit in support of summary judgment motion, Kentucky Medicaid Pharmaceutical Average Wholesale Price Litigation, September 15, 2011.
- Submitted affidavit in support of summary judgment motion, Mississippi Medicaid Pharmaceutical Average Wholesale Price Litigation, April 8, 2010.
- Analyzed competition in the e-commerce industry, including allegations of false advertising and unfair competition.
- Assessed competitive effects in a government antitrust investigation and private lawsuits regarding best price clauses in the healthcare industry.
- Created and estimated a spatial econometric model of dairy prices measuring the effects of alleged collusion, territory allocation, and agreements not to compete.
- Assessed exclusionary effects of bundled rebates in medical devices purchased by hospitals, including an assessment of market power, competitive effects, and quantifying the impact on competitors and consumers.
- Analyzed competitive effects of a variety of mergers, both prospective and retrospective, including e-commerce, online advertising, sports media rights, pharmacies, health care insurance, natural gas pipelines, agricultural products, airlines, office superstores, ready-to-eat cereals, and white pan bread.
- Performed economic analysis of damages and causation in a variety of lawsuits involving health care fraud, including False Claims (FCA) and Stark Acts, pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement, physician referrals, Medicare Advantage plans, and cardiac medical devices.
- "Merger remedies: A retrospective analysis of Pinnacle/Ameristar," International Industrial Organization Conference. Philadelphia, PA (2016)
- "Seeking Clarity on False Claims Act Damages and Penalties," Bates White Webinar. Washington, DC (2014)
- "Case study: In re Vitamin C Antitrust Litigation," The Hal White Antitrust Conference. Washington, DC (2014)
Fields of Interest
- Industrial Organization
- Health Care
Federal Trade Commission
Bates White, LLC
The George Washington University
Glassman-Oliver Economic Consultants, Inc.