David R. Schmidt
Applied Research and Outreach
- "Economics at the FTC: Office Supply Retailers Redux, Healthcare Quality Efficiencies Analysis, and Litigation of an Alleged Get-Rich-Quick Scheme," with K. Brand, M. Gaynor, P. McAlvanah, and E. Schneirov, Review of Industrial Organization, 2014.
- "Resource allocation contests: Experimental evidence," with Sheremeta R. Shupp and J. Walker, Journal of Economic Psychology, 2013.
- Authorized Generic Drugs: Short-Term Effects and Long-Term Impact: A report of the Federal Trade Commission, 2011.
- Authorized Generics: An Interim Report of the Federal Trade Commission, 2009.
- "Difference-in-differences Analysis In Antitrust: A Cautionary Note" with John Simpson, Antitrust Law Review, 2008.
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers: Ownership of Mail-Order Pharmacies, 2005.
- "Playing Safe in Coordination Games: The Role of Risk Dominance, Payoff Dominance, Social History, and Reputation," with Robert Shupp, Elinor Ostrom, and James Walker, Games and Economic Behavior, 2003.
- "Dilemma Games: Game Parameters and Matching Protocols," with T.K. Ahn, Elinor Ostrom, Robert Shupp, and James Walker, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 2001.
- "Cooperation in PD Games: Fear, Greed, and History of Play," with T.K. Ahn, Elinor Ostrom, Robert Shupp, and James Walker, Public Choice, 2001.
- "Cumbersome Coordination in Repeated Games," with Horst Raff, International Journal of Game Theory, 2000.
- "Price Dynamics in Overlapping Generations Environments," with Charalambos Aliprantis, Economic Theory, 1993.
California Institute of Technology
BA Economics and Mathematics
Fields of Interest
- Game Theory
- Healthcare Economics
Federal Trade Commission
Indiana University - Department of Economics