Cybersecurity Basics Quiz
As a small business owner, you understand the importance of cybersecurity, but you may not know where to begin. Let’s start with cybersecurity basics. Do you know how to help protect your files and devices from potential cyber attacks?
Test your understanding of cybersecurity basics by selecting the correct response for each question or statement.
1. Which of the following should you do to restrict access to your files and devices?
A. Update your software once a year.
B. Share passwords only with colleagues you trust.
C. Have your staff members access information via an open Wi-Fi network.
D. Use multi-factor authentication.
2. Backing up important files offline, on an external hard drive or in the cloud, will help protect your business in the event of a cyber attack. True or False?
3. Which is the best answer for which people in a business should be responsible for cybersecurity?
A. Business owners. They run the business, so they need to know cybersecurity basics and put them in practice to reduce the risk of cyber attacks.
B. IT specialists, because they are in the best position to know about and promote cybersecurity within a business.
C. Managers, because they are responsible for making sure that staff members are following the right practices.
D. All staff members should know some cybersecurity basics to reduce the risk of cyber attacks.
4. Cyber criminals only target large companies. True or False?
5. Which of the following is the best answer for how to secure your router?
A. Change the default name and password of the router.
B. Turn off the router’s remote management.
C. Log out as the administrator once the router is set up.
D. All of the above.