The Digital Government Strategy, launched on May 23, 2012, is aimed at building a 21st-century government that works better for the American people.
The Digital Government Strategy has three main goals:
- Enable the American people and an increasingly mobile workforce to access high-quality digital government information and services anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Ensure that as the government adjusts to this new digital world, we seize the opportunity to procure and manage devices, applications, and data in smart, secure, and affordable ways.
- Unlock the power of government data to spur innovation across our nation and improve the quality of services for the American people.
The FTC continues to align its customer service and information technology strategy with the key aspects of the Digital Government Strategy.
Specifically, the FTC has achieved the following strategic objectives and milestones of the Digital Government Strategy.
Part C: Customer-Centric
7. Improve Priority Customer-Facing Services for Mobile Use:
7.2 Optimize at least two existing priority customer-facing services for mobile use and publish a plan for improving additional existing services
The agency’s primary website, www.ftc.gov, was developed using responsive design and can be used effectively on any device/screen size, whether desktop PC, mobile phone, or tablet.
The FTC’s Complaint Assistant, www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov, was also redesigned responsively and performs well on any device.
8. Measure Performance and Customer Satisfaction to Improve Service Delivery:
8.2 Implement performance and customer satisfaction measuring tools on all .gov websites.
The agency’s primary website, www.ftc.gov, and other sites, including consumer.ftc.gov, and consumer.gov, participate in the Digital Analytics Program of the General Services Administration (GSA) which uses Google Analytics Premium to assess how visitors use the sites. The FTC uses this information to improve the websites, share FTC information more effectively, and create a more engaging experience for website visitors.
These sites also offer users the opportunity to provide feedback on their experience and satisfaction with the site, via ForeSee Results’ ACSI survey tool.