The Federal Trade Commission held the eighth session of its Hearings Initiative with a one-day hearing at the New York University School of Law in New York City on December 6, 2018.
This is a video recording of:
- Welcome by Trevor W. Morrison Dean, New York University School of Law
- Opening Remarks by FTC Commissioner Noah Joshua Phillips and SEC Commissioner Robert J. Jackson Jr.
- Panel dicussion: Institutional Investors, Diversification, and Corporate Governance
- Allison A. Bennington, ValueAct Capital
- Kenneth Bertsch, Council of Institutional Investors
- Heather Slavkin Corzo, AFL-CIO, Principles for Responsible Investment
- Holly J. Gregory, Sidley Austin LLP
- David Hirschmann, United States Chamber of Commerce
- Scott Hirst, Boston University School of Law
- Barbara Novick, BlackRock
The day’s panels examined concerns that acquisitions and holdings of non-controlling ownership interests in competing companies, for example by institutional investors, may have anticompetitive effects.