The FTC has issued a Notice that it has determined that certain acts or practices used in the advertising or promotion of business opportunities are deceptive or unfair, and violate the FTC Act.
Notice of Penalty Offenses Concerning Business Opportunity Advertising (1977).
Transcript of Notice of Penalty Offenses Concerning Business Opportunity Advertising (created 2022).
The FTC administrative decisions establishing penalty offenses regarding the advertising or promotion of business opportunities:
- Nat’l Dynamics Corp., 82 FTC 488 (1973), as modified, 85 FTC 1052 (1975)
- Universal Credit Acceptance Corp., 82 FTC 570 (1973)
- Universal Electronics Corp., 78 FTC 265 (1971)
- Windsor Distrib. Co., 77 FTC 204 (1970)
- Waltham Watch Co., 60 FTC 1692 (1962)
- Washington Mushroom Indus., Inc., 53 FTC 368 (1956)
- Von Schrader Mfg. Co., 33 FTC 58 (1941)
About Notices of Penalty Offenses
A Notice of Penalty Offenses is a document listing certain types of conduct that the FTC has determined, in one or more litigated administrative cases, to be unfair or deceptive in violation of the FTC Act.
Learn more about Notices of Penalty Offenses