FTC and the IRS will co-host a webinar with information to assist victims of tax identity theft. Identity theft is growing, and the IRS has taken numerous steps to combat it and protect taxpayers. Learn what to look for and how to report tax related ID theft issues, and where to find information and resources. The webinar begins at 1 p.m. EST, 10 a.m. PST.
Speakers from the FTC and IRS will discuss:
- How organizations can keep their clients from becoming victims of ID theft
- Who to contact/what to do if they suspect they are a victim of ID theft
- Ways IRS and FTC are combating ID theft
- Where to find ID theft resources on the FTC and IRS websites
No pre-registration required.
Here’s how to join the webinar on January 28:
1. Click here to join the online event. Or copy and paste the following link to a browser:
2. Click "Join Now".
Event number: 594 269 642
Event password: M33ting
For assistance you can contact Noel Bhagat at email@example.com.