Matias F. Barenstein
- "Economics at the FTC: The Google-DoubleClick Merger, Resale Price Maintenance, Mortgage Disclosures, and Credit Scoring in Auto Insurance," with M. Baye, D. Holt, P. Ippolito, J. Lacko, J. Leary, J. Pappalardo, P. Pautler, M. Vita, Review of Industrial Organization, 2008.
- "Credit-Based Insurance Scores: Impacts on Consumers of Automobile Insurance," 2007.
- "A Monthly Struggle for Self-Control? Hyperbolic Discounting, Mental Accounting, and the Fall in Consumption Expenditures between Paydays," with D. Huffman, Institute for the Study of Labor - IZA Discussion Paper, 2004.
- "Fiscal Decentralization and Governance: A Cross-Country Analysis," with L. de Mello, G. T. Abed and S. Gupta (eds.), Governance, Corruption & Economic Performance, International Monetary Fund, 2002.
- "Credit-Based Insurance Scores," Symposium on Credit Scoring and Credit Reporting - Suffolk Law School. Boston, MA (2012)
University of California, Berkeley
Fields of Interest
- Applied Microeconomics
- Consumer Finance
- Behavioral Economics
Federal Trade Commission