System Software Requirement to Install SAFE
- Log on as user with administrative rights to your personal computer
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 or newer
- Antivirus: Download here or request a CD with instructions from the Helpdesk @ 202-326-3500
- Internet Browsers: Internet Explorer 10 or newer, and Firefox (Windows Edge and Chrome are not supported)
* As a requirement, please use the tools and products highlighted above to ensure the SAFE installation is successful. FTC does not support any other systems, or browsers.
Initial Set-Up for Accessing SAFE from Personal Windows Devices
Step 1: Download and install the latest version of Citrix Receiver at http://receiver.citrix.com/
Step 2: Open up Internet Explorer and go to https://www.ftc.gov/safe
* Microsoft Edge is the default web browser for Windows 10, but you must continue to use Internet Explorer to connect to SAFE. If you are unable to locate Internet Explorer, please click here for further instructions.
Step 3: Select Log in to SAFE
Step 4: The Citrix Endpoint Analysis (EPA) scan will run to confirm that you have the required software installed. The scan should run automatically. If you are logging in for the first time, download the Endpoint Analysis Plug-in when prompted. The plug-in will install automatically, and then run the scan.
Step 5: Complete the 3 fields (username, password, PIN+Token) and then click Log On
Step 6: Once logged in, the Citrix Receiver page will launch and your virtual desktop should open automatically.
Step 7: If the virtual desktop does not open automatically, click the icon then click OK.
Step 8: In the Citrix Viewer Toolbar at the top of the screen, click Full Screen to expand the virtual desktop window. Click it again to minimize.
Step 9: To cleanly logout of SAFE, click disconnect from the drop down menu on top, then go to the green Citrix Receiver screen, click on your name, and logoff.