Applications for approval of transactions:
- The FTC has received an application from the following: Exxon Mobil Corp. The application concerns Exxon Mobil's request to amend the Purchase and Sale Agreement for Lubricant Base Oils between Valero Energy Corporation (Valero) and Mobil Oil Corporation as required by Paragraph XIV.A and Appendix D of the Commission's proposed decision and order in Docket No. C-3907. (FTC File No. 991-0077; Docket No. C-3907; staff contact is Daniel P. Ducore, 202-326-2526; see press release dated November 30, 1999.)
- The FTC has received applications from the following companies: Controlled Commerce Integrated Systems, Inc., Fiscal Systems, Inc., Flying J Inc., StorePoint, Inc., and TCH LLC. The applications concern these companies' request for prior approval by the Commission for licenses to effect transactions originated by Comdata Cards, pursuant to FTC Docket No. C-3993. Under Paragraph II.B. of the Commission's decision and order, Ceridian is required to license a minimum of three New System Providers that have received the prior approval of the Commission.
The Commission is seeking public comment on the applications for 30 days, until May 17, 2000. Comments should be sent to the Office of the Secretary, 600 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580. (Docket No. C-3993; staff contact is Daniel P. Ducore, 202-326-2526; see press releases dated September 29, 1999 and April 6, 2000.)
Consent agreements given final approval:
- Following a public comment period, the Commission has made final a consent agreement with the following: Michael T. Berkley D.C. and Mark A. Cassellius, D.C. The Commission vote to accept the consent as final was 5-0. (FTC File No. 991-0278; staff contact is C. Steven Baker, 312-960-5633; see press release dated March 7, 2000.)
- Following a public comment period, the Commission has made final a consent agreement with the following: Nine West Group Inc. The Commission vote to accept the consent as final was 5-0, with Commissioners Orson Swindle and Thomas B. Leary issuing a separate statement that is summarized in the original press release that announced the consent.
(FTC File No. 981-0386; staff contact is Barbara Anthony, 212-607-2828; see press release dated March 6, 2000.)
Publication of Federal Register notice:
- The Commission has approved the publication of a Federal Register notice announcing the date, time, location, purpose and agenda for the fourth meeting of the Advisory Committee on Online Access and Security. The meeting will be held on April 28, 2000, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Room 432, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C., is open to the public, and will include a period for public comment.
The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to provide advice and recommendations to the Commission regarding implementation of certain fair information practices by domestic Web sites - specifically, providing online consumers reasonable access to personal information collected from and about them, and maintaining adequate security for that information. (FTC File No. P004897; staff contacts are Allison Brown, 202-326-3079; and Ellen Finn, 202-326-3296.)
Copies of the documents mentioned in this release are available from the FTC's web site at http://www.ftc.gov and also from the FTC's Consumer Response Center, Room 130, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580; 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357); TDD for the hearing impaired 1-866-653-4261. To find out the latest news as it is announced, call the FTC NewsPhone recording at 202-326-2710.