Free Resources on Money Management and Fighting Scams
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) work for consumers through law enforcement and consumer education. People going through reentry can be particularly targeted by scams as they seek employment, housing and shop for goods and services online. They often need to work on how to manage money for immediate and future goals.
This webinar will feature free resources from the FTC and CFPB to support your reentry, parole and corrections programs.
Topics will include:
- The basics of money management, getting credit, and avoiding scams
- Consumer education for older reentrants
- Using the FTC’s and CFPB’s free resources to enhance your programs
- Reporting fraud: Why and how to report
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 – 2:00-3:00 PM EST
Instructions for joining the webinar:
- Join the online event. or copy and paste the following link to a browser: https://ftcevents.webex.com/ftcevents/onstage/g.php?MTID=e873d05873b02c67fb3990fc19ac7a57f
- Click "Join Now"
- Enter event number: 258 901 545 and event password: wV5AArDJ
Dial in for Audio:
- Call the toll-free call-In number: United States: (800) 707-9573
- Enter the passcode: 422871
Please join us up to 15 minutes early to make sure you can connect via phone and computer. This webinar uses WebEx; you will get audio through the conference call, so please connect via phone and computer in order to view presentation graphics and slides.