Updated as of May 1. Here is a printable version of the instructions for delivering HSR filings.
Do bike messengers read blogs about Hart-Scott-Rodino? Maybe not. But anyone who needs to file a HSR premerger notification form after April 25 should read on for information about how to deliver filings at the PNO’s new home on the fifth floor of the Constitution Center.
The PNO will continue to receive HSR filings at the current location through 5 p.m., Friday, April 25. Starting at 8:30 a.m. next Monday, April 28, the PNO will open for business at its new location. The address for the Constitution Center is 400 Seventh Street, SW, and it is located above the L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station, directly across from the headquarters for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (a Washington landmark known as a prime example of Brutalist architecture).
Unlike the FTC headquarters building, Constitution Center has a number of other government tenants, and all visitors with packages, including those with HSR filings, will be screened by building security before heading to FTC offices.
Here’s what you need to do to get to the PNO filing window on the fifth floor:
- Enter the building through the loading dock located on 6th Street, near School Street (the east side of the building).
- Building security will scan you and your package and give you a visitor badge.
- Once through security, head to the right and follow the signs to the FTC Lobby.
- FTC security will require you to leave an ID in exchange for a temporary security card.
- Take the elevator to the 5th floor and look for the sign for the PNO filing window. (Folks with a GPS-enabled device will know that the PNO filing window is south of the elevators—that’s for all you bike messengers.)
- Scan your temporary security card on the card reader to get through the south doors. PNO staff will be at the filing window to accept your filing.
- Return to the FTC security desk on the first floor to exchange the temporary security card for your ID.
Any questions should be directed to the Premerger Office at 202-326-3100.
With time, this process will be second nature — sort of like riding a bike.