The FTC held a hearing on its role in a changing world March 25-26, 2019 at the FTC's headquarters in Washington, DC, as part of its Hearings initiative.
This is a video recording of the morning session which includes:
- Welcome by the FTC's Randolph Tritell, Director of the Office of International Affairs
- Opening remarks by FTC Commissioner Noah Joshua Phillips [ends 15:47]
- Presentation on the Implications of Different Legal Traditions and Regimes for International Cooperation by Roger Alford, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, Department of Justice
- Panel discussion on Implications of Different Legal Traditions and Regimes for International Cooperation
- Remarks by FTC Commissioner Christine Wilson on Promoting Sound Policies for the Next Decade
- Panel discussion on Promoting Sound Policies for the Next Decade.
This Hearing gathered information from experts concerning the implications of international developments on the FTC's work.