The FTC held a hearing on its role in a changing world March 25-26, 2019 at the FTC's headquarters in Washington, DC, as part of its Hearings initiative.
This is a video recording of the morning session which includes:
- Welcome by Randolph Tritell, FTC Director of the Office of International Affairs
- Introductory Remarks by FTC Chairman Joe Simons
- Presentation on Setting the International Scene by William E. Kovacic, George Washington University Law School
- Presentation on Building Enforcement Cooperation for the 21st Century by Matthew Boswell, Commissioner of Competition, Competition Bureau, Canada
- Panel discussion on Building Enforcement Cooperation for the 21st Century
- Panel discussion on Consumer Protection and Privacy Enforcement Cooperation.
This Hearing gathered information from experts concerning the implications of international developments on the FTC's work.