PNO News Archive
An updated Index of HSR Enforcement Actions is available, listing actions through December 2014.
The MMA Filing Instructions (for brand name drug manufacturers and generic drug applicants who file certain agreements with the Antitrust Agencies under the Medicare Prescription Drug and Improvement Act) have been updated with the new address for the FTC's Premerger Office. (July 2014)
The 2013 HSR Annual Report is now available.
Attention: The Constitution Center does not allow messengers with cleats into the building. Please DO NOT send messengers with cleats to deliver HSR filings. Starting immediately, the PNO will not meet messengers with cleats at the loading docks. (June 2, 2014)
The HSR Form Instructions have been updated to include the new address of the FTC Premerger Office. The new instructions can be found here.
Important Announcement: Building management at the Constitution Center has changed the security procedures for the delivery of HSR filings. Messengers delivering HSR filings must now enter the building through the loading dock entrance on 6th Street SW near School St. SW. Complete directions can be found here. Note that messengers will not be allowed to wear cleats into the building.
Withdraw/Refile procedure tip sheet now available. (Mar. 21, 2014)
The FTC has a new blog reporting on competition matters at the FTC. The PNO has contributed two posts: HSR threshold adjustments and reportability and Location and Value of Patents. To follow all the posts from the PNO, bookmark this link.
When the Premerger Office moves to its new home on April 28, 2014, messengers delivering HSR filings will have to comply with new security procedures. These procedures, as well as maps to the new office, are available here.
The Premerger Office is moving! As part of the consolidation of FTC staff, the Premerger Notification Office will be moving to new offices on the 5th floor of the Constitution Center on April 28. For more details, see our new blog post here. We will be providing additional information, including new security procedures for filing delivery, on this page and on the blog in the coming weeks.
- When submitting an explanation letter for a corrective filing, please submit the letter at the same time as the filing.
- Comments on the Proposed Rules related to patent rights in the Pharmaceutical industry are available.
- Proposed Amendments to the Premerger Rules Related to the Transfer of Patent Rights in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Revised thresholds are now in effect. (Feb. 24, 2014)
- The new HSR thresholds for 2014 have been published in the Federal Register with an effective date of Feb. 24, 2014.
- Effective immediately, all filing fee questions should be directed to Theresa Kingsberry at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-326-3100. (January 2014)
- Effective Jan. 2, 2014, brand name drug manufacturers and generic drug applicants who file certain agreements with the Antitrust Agencies under the Medicare Prescription Drug and Improvement Act should complete the MMA Cover Sheet and attach it to the agreement prior to filing. See full instructions here. (PDF)
- Updated HSR Enforcement Action index. (July 2013)
- Barry Diller to Pay $480,000 to Settle FTC Allegations Related to Premerger Filing Requirements (July 7, 2013)
- FTC Finalizes Amendments to the Premerger Notification Rules Related to the Withdrawal of HSR Filings (June 28, 2013)
- Revised thresholds are now in effect. (Feb. 11, 2013)
- The new HSR thresholds for 2013 have been published in the Federal Register with an effective date of Feb. 11, 2013.
- 2013 Revised HSR Thresholds Announced
- Commission issues proposed amendments to the Premerger Rules related to the withdrawal of HSR filings. (Feb. 2013)
- New guidelines posted on the Style Sheet and the Item 5 Tip Sheet.
- New chronological index of informal interpretation letters is now available.
- Item 4(c) Tip Sheet is now available.
- Updated Post-Consummation Filings (HSR Violations) page. (Jan. 30, 2012)
- The 2011 HSR Annual Report is now available.
- Updated HSR form, version 1.0.1, now available. Changes include expanded text fields to allow more flexible data entry, restored Item 5 functionality, clarification of unclear text labels, and improved formatting. Download the new form version here.
- Updated Section 802.4 Tip Sheet
- New guidance on listing Attachments on the HSR Form (09-12-11). See updated HSR Form Tip Sheet ver. 1.0.3. Added examples of completed Attachments and Item 4 pages.
- 2012 Revised HSR Thresholds now in effect.
- 2012 Revised HSR Thresholds Announced (Effective Monday, Feb. 27, 2012)
- Item 5 Tip Sheet updated
- Interactive Associate Decision Tree to assist in identifying Associates
- Item 4(d) Tip Sheet now available
- Updated Item 6 and Item 7 Tip Sheets
- The first informal interpretations related to the HSR form changes are now available.
- Updated NAICS Tip Sheet
- NOTICE: We understand that some users are having technical issues with the new HSR form. The form is a dynamic Adobe PDF, able to be read and edited by any Adobe Reader. If you are having trouble with the form, please: (1) make sure you have the latest version of Adobe reader installed, and (2) when you open the form on-line, save it to your hard drive or network, then close your browser and open the form on your local drive. If you have any further technical questions, please send them to HSRhelp@hsr.gov and we will work with you to resolve any issues.
- Updated Style Sheet and Checklist for HSR filings.
- Updated Item 5 Tip Sheet for new HSR form (effective Aug. 18, 2011)
- New HSR Form and Instructions now available
- Reminder: Parties submitting an explanatory letter in a post-consummation filing should include the letter with the filings submitted to both agencies.
- PNO Statement on Escrows
- Final Rule Published – Effective Date of Aug. 18, 2011
- Final Rule - HSR Form Changes
- Proposed Changes to the HSR Form
- Premerger Notification Office updates (including early office closings) now available on Twitter. Click the Twitter icon to follow the FTC.
- 2010 Annual Report Now Available
- Statement of Basis and Purpose Updated and Expanded
- Filing Fee page updated
- Additional Advice on the Ordinary Course Exemption
- 2010 Thresholds Now in Effect
- New Post-Consummation Page Now Posted
- HSR Workshop Presentations and Corrected Transcript now available
- New HSR Tipsheets posted under HSR Resources
- Civil Penalties Increased to $16,000 Per Day
- Letter regarding put/call arrangements
- "Reflections on HSR's 25th Birthday" - Statement of Peter Rodino