Mark Oemler, Director
The Administrative Services Office (ASO) is responsible for the space and property of the FTC’s headquarters and regional offices, safety and security of the FTC staff, day-to-day building maintenance and support, Customer Service Center, Reproduction Management Section, and Mail Management Center. ASO’s activities include:
- Negotiating, leasing, and managing headquarters and regional office space, and overseeing infrastructure renovations and repairs.
- Providing building and grounds management, and overseeing the maintenance and custodial contracts for the headquarter buildings.
- Managing physical and personal security, health, and safety programs for FTC staff and facilities.
- Managing the emergency preparedness program for the FTC to protect agency staff, visitors, and resources.
- Providing support and logistical coordination for workshops, meetings, and conferences.
- Providing administrative assistance and logistical support to eight regional offices.
- Managing agency-wide support functions including mail services, printing, supplies, and furniture warehousing.
- Updating, maintaining, and distributing various internal publications, such as the FTC's Administrative Manual and telephone directory, as well as external directories containing information about the FTC's mission and staff.
- Managing the agency's reproduction program and in-house copy center, and providing logistical support on FTC work printed at the Government Printing Office.
- Preparing a daily electronic agency newsletter.
- Coordinating the FTC’s transit subsidy program.
- Providing moving, transportation, and garage services for the FTC headquarters.