Nathan E. Wilson
- "How Vertical Integration Affects the Quantity and Cost of Care for Medicare Beneficiaries," with Brett Wendling and Tom Koch, Journal of Health Economics, 2017.
- "The Quality of Institutions and Organizational Form Decisions: Evidence from Within the Firm," with Francine Lafontaine and Rozenn Perrigot, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 2017.
- "Market Structure as a Determinant of Patient Care Quality," The American Journal of Health Economics, 2016.
- "The "Sharing" Economy: Issues Facing Platforms, Participants & Regulators," 2016.
- "Narrow Networks on the Health Insurance Exchanges: What Do They Look Like and How Do They Affect Pricing? A Case Study of Texas," with Leemore Dafny and Igal Hendel, American Economic Review: Papers & Proceedings, 2015.
- "Local Market Structure and Strategic Organizational Form Choices: Evidence from Gasoline Stations," International Journal of the Economics of Business, 2015.
- "Vertical Separation Increases Gasoline Prices," Economic Inquiry, 2015.
- "Can the Timing of Negotiations Impact the Consequences of Mergers?," Managerial and Decision Economics, 2014.
- "The Importance of Substitution in Assessing Health Care Provider Mergers," with Brett Wendling, Antitrust Bulletin, 2014.
- "Uncertain regulatory timing and market dynamics," International Journal of Industrial Organization, 2012.
- "Capture or Contract?: The Early Years of Electric Utility Regulation," with Thomas P. Lyon, Journal of Regulatory Economics, 2012.
- "Gasoline Price Changes and the Petroleum Industry: An Update," 2011.
- "Physician Market Concentration and Patient Welfare: An Examination of Medicare Beneficiaries," International Industrial Organization Conference. Boston, MA (2017)
- "Industrial Reorganization: Learning about Substitution Patterns from Natural Experiments," Quantitative Marketing & Economics. Chicago, IL (2016)
- "Market Structure as a Determinant of Patient Care Quality," ASHEcon. Los Angeles, CA (2014)
- "How Physician Acquisitions by Hospital Systems Affect Health Outcomes and Total Costs for Medicare Recipients," Seventh Annual Searle Antitrust Economics Conference. Chicago, IL (2014)
Fields of Interest
- Industrial Organization
- Applied Microeconomics
- Applied Microeconometrics
Federal Trade Commission
Senior Editor of Antitrust Law Journal
American Bar Association
Johns Hopkins University
Presidential Management Fellow
Department of Energy