Joel L. Schrag
Acting Deputy Assistant Director
- "The Evolving IP Marketplace: Aligning Patent Notice and Remedies with Competition," 2011.
- "Judicial Hierarchies and the Rule-Individual Tradeoff," with P. Rubin and H. Mialon, Supreme Court Economic Review, 2007.
- "The Value of a Second Bite at the Apple: The Effect of Patent Dispute Settlements on Entry and Consumer Welfare," FTC Bureau of Economics Working Paper 281, 2006.
- "Does It Matter Whom An Agent Serves? Evidence From Recent Changes in Real Estate Agency Law," with C. Curran, Journal of Law and Economics, 2000.
- "Mitigating Agency Problems By Advertising, With Special Reference to Managed Health Care," with P. Rubin, Southern Economic Journal, 1999.
- "Managerial Judges: An Economic Analysis of the Judicial Management of Pretrial Discovery," RAND Journal of Economics, 1999.
- "First Impressions Matter: A Model of Confirmatory Bias," with M. Rabin, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 1999.
- "The Self-Reinforcing Nature of Crime," with S. Scotchmer, International Review of Law and Economics, 1997.
- "Crime and Prejudice: The Use of Character Evidence in Criminal Trials," with S. Scotchmer, Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, 1994.
University of California, Berkeley
University of Michigan
Fields of Interest
- Industrial Organization
- Law and Economics
Federal Trade Commission
The Johns Hopkins University