David J. Balan
- "Better Product at Same Cost: Leader Innovation vs. Generic Product Improvement," with George Deltas, The Analysis of Competition Policy and Sectoral Regulation, 2014.
- "Better Product at Same Cost, Lower Sales and Lower Welfare," with George Deltas, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 2013.
- "The Correlation between Human Capital and Morality and its Effect on Economic Performance: Theory and Evidence," with Stephen Knack, Journal of Comparative Economics, 2012.
- "A Retrospective Analysis of the Clinical Quality Effects of the Acquisition of Highland Park Hospital by Evanston Northwestern Healthcare," with Patrick Romano, International Journal of the Economics of Business, 2011.
- "Job Insecurity isn’t Always Efficient," with Dan Hanner, FTC Working Paper, 2010.
- "Bargaining in Hospital Merger Models," International Industrial Organization Conference. Boston, MA (2013)
- "Better Product at Same Cost, Lower Sales and Lower Welfare," University of Oregon. Eugene, OR (2012)
- "The Correlation between Human Capital and Morality and its Effect on Economic Performance: Theory and Evidence," World Bank. Washington, DC (2010)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
BA Economics, History, Philosophy
Fields of Interest
- Industrial Organization
- Health Economics
- Applied Microeconomics
Federal Trade Commission
Senior Economist (On Detail)
Council of Economic Advisers