Orson Swindle, Commissioner
- "Advertising Issues Before the Federal Trade Commission"
Remarks before the 2004 Joint Government Affairs Conference, Sponsored by the American Advertising Federation, the Association of National Advertisers, and the American Association of Advertising Agencies, April 28, 2004
- "A Regulator's Perspective on Protecting Consumers and Competitive Marketplaces: Developments at the FTC"
Remarks before the American Bar Association, Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice, 2003 Administrative Law Conference, Washington, D.C., November 7, 2003
- "Combating Deceptive Advertising - The Role of Advertisers, the Media, and the FTC "
Remarks before the Aggressive Advertising and the Law Conference, New York City, April 28, 2003
- "Realizing the Potential of the Global Digital Revolution"
Before OECD - APEC Forum on the Digital Economy, Honolulu, Hawaii, January 15, 2003
Before the 126th Annual Meeting of the New York State Bar Association, New York City, January 23, 2003
- "The Effectiveness of Privacy Protection in Economic Systems"
Before the Italian Garanté’s International Conference, Privacy: Cost to Resource, Rome, Italy, December 5 – 6, 2002
- "Creating A Culture of Security"
Before Privacy 2002: Information, Security, and New Global Realities, Sponsored by the Technology Policy Group, Wyndham Hotel, Cleveland, Ohio, September 26, 2002
- "Perspectives on Privacy Law and Enforcement Activity in the United States"
before Working Party on Information Security and Privacy Paris, OECD, 25-26 June 2002 [Revised Aug. 15, 2002] Perspectives on Privacy Law and Enforcement Activity in the United States
National POW/MIA Recognition Day, Arlington National Cemetery, September 21, 2001
to the Customer Relationship Education Project Dialogue, Center for Information Policy Leadership at Hunton & Williams, Atlanta, Georgia, June 27, 2001
- "Between Competition and Cooperation-- Changing Business-to-Business Relations"
before the 8th World Business Dialogue, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany, 4 April 2001
- "Government and the Tech World: Friends or Foes?"
Prepared Remarks before the Federalist Society, North Carolina Research Triangle Chapter, Raleigh, North Carolina, August 31, 2000
- "Antitrust in the Emerging B2B Marketplace"
Remarks before Forum for Trust in Online Trade, Princeton Club, New York City, July 19, 2000
- "E-Commerce: The Future of Banking and Financial Services"
Remarks before Financial Services Meets E-Commerce: What the Future Holds, The Federalist Society Financial Services and E-Commerce Practice Group and Suffolk University Law School, Friday, June 16, 2000
- "The Status of Online Privacy"
before Computer & Communications Industry Association, June 5, 2000
at the 36th Annual Symposium on Associations and Antitrust "Trade Assocications and Antitrust: New Issues and Challenges in the New Millennium,", presented by the Trade Association and Antitrust Law Committee of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Four Seasons Hotel, Washington, D.C., May 17, 2000
- "Should Policymakers Apply a Depression-Era Tax System to the Economy of the 21st Century?"
Remarks at the Policy Perspectives on the Taxation of Cyberspace Conference on E-Commerce:The Law of E-Business, Denver, CO, May 12, 2000
- "Fair Lending: An FTC Perspective"
Remarks at the National Home Equity Mortgage Association's Annual Conference 2000, Hyatt Grand Cypress Resort, Orlando, Florida, March 18, 2000
- "Internet Issues Facing Consumers/Citizens"
Panel Discussion at the 2000 Global Internet Summit. Center For Performing Arts, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, March 14, 2000
before the American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Workshop on "Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances: The New Federal Antitrust Competitor Collaboration Guidelines", J.W. Marriott Hotel, Washington, D.C., November 12, 1999
- "An FTC Commissioner Looks at Internet Privacy"
Privacy In American Business Conference, Arlington, VA, November 9, 1999
- "A Common Sense Approach To High Tech"
Continuing Legal Education Program Sponsored by Pillsbury Madison, San Diego, CA, November 4, 1999
- "Some Policy Perspectives on the Taxation of Cyberspace"
Address to the Federalist Society, Silicon Valley Lawyers Chapter and Corporations Practice Group, Palo Alto, CA, November 2, 1999
- "Taxation of E-Commerce"
Address to the Browning Symposium, University of Montana, October 15, 1999
- "What Are We Learning from the Microsoft Case?"
Remarks before the Federalist Society, September 30, 1999
- "E-Commerce: Tomorrow's Economy -Taxing and Regulating The Old Fashion Way"
Remarks before the Georgia Public Policy Forum, August 11, 1999
- "Cyberspace and the FTC: Some Current Matters of Interest"
Address to the National Conference on State Legislatures, July 26, 1999
- Address to the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce
June 22, 1999
before The Plenary Session of the Annual Meeting of The Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers, Bally's Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, May 24, 1999
- Address to the Direct Marketing Association Government Affairs Conference
May 6, 1999
- "Regulation of Privacy on the Internet: Where Do You Want to Go Today?"
Address to the Reston Chamber of Commerce, April 8, 1999
- "A Common Sense Approach to High Tech"
for Pillsbury Madison & Sutro, Antitrust Program, Quadrus Conference Center, Menlo Park, California, February 23, 1999
before Aggressive Advertising and the Law Workshop, Sponsored by Business Development Associates, Inc., Marriott Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco, California, February 22, 1999
- "Enforcement of Consumer Protection and Competition Laws in the Global Marketplace: the North American Experience"
before the Sydney Global Commerce Conference 1998, Presented by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Sydney Hilton Hotel, Sydney, Australia, November 10, 1998
before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade and Consumer Protection, July 21, 1998