Speeches/ Articles by
Roscoe B. Starek, III, Commissioner
- "The Consumer Protection Pyramid: Education, Self-Regulation, and Law Enforcement "
Before the Korea Consumer Festival '97, Seoul, Republic of Korea, December 2, 1997
- "Regulatory Enforcement of Your Website: Who Will be Watching?"
Before The Online Advertising Law Workshop, Chicago, Illinois, October 1, 1997
- "International Cooperation in Antitrust Enforcement"
Before the Annual Conference of The American Corporate Counsel Association European Chapter, Conrad International Hotel, London, England, September 29, 1997
- "Advertising Alcohol and the First Amendment"
Before the American Bar Association Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice Committee on Beverage Alcohol Practice San Francisco, California August 4, 1997.
- "The ABCs at the FTC: Marketing and Advertising to Children,"
Before Advertising and Promotion Law 1997, Minnesota Institute of Legal Education, July 25, 1997.
- "Protecting the Consumer in the Global Marketplace,"
Before the Institute of Trading Standards Administration, Antwerp, Belgium, June 25, 1997.
- "Antitrust and Trade Associations at the FTC"
Before the Antitrust Committee and the Trade Association Committee of the Chicago Bar Association, Plymouth Court, Chicago, Illinois, April 16, 1997
- "Unfairness, Internet Advertising and Innovative Remedies"
Before the American Advertising Federation Government Affairs Conference, Washington, D.C., March 13, 1997
- "The Federal Trade Commission's Current Enforcement Policies with Emphasis on Actions Against Associations"
Before the 33rd Annual Symposium on Associations and Antitrust, The Trade Association and Antitrust Law Committee of the Bar of the District of Columbia, The Capitol Hilton Hotel, Washington, D.C., February 12, 1997
- "The Federal Trade Commission's Green Guides: A Success Story"
Before the Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment Symposium, Brussels, Belgium, December 4, 1996
- "Beyond the Health Care Policy Statements: Where Do We Go from Here?"
Before the 30th Annual Antitrust Institute on Healthcare Antitrust Developments, Cleveland, Ohio, November 1, 1996
- "International Cooperation in Antitrust Enforcement and Other International Antitrust Developments"
Before "Antitrust 1997," A Conference Presented by Business Development Associates, Inc., Madison Hotel, Washington, D.C., October 21, 1996
- "Myths and Half-Truths About Deceptive Advertising"
Before the National Infomercial Marketing Association, Las Vegas, Nevada, October 15, 1996
- "Consumer Protection in the Information Society: A View from the United States
Before the European Consumer Forum on the Consumer and the Information Society, Dublin Castle, September 4, 1996
- "Reinventing Health Care Antitrust Enforcement"
Before The Antitrust Common Ground Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, May 17, 1996
- "International Cooperation in Antitrust Enforcement" before The Illinois State Bar Association, International Trade Program, Chicago, Illinois, May 10, 1996
- "Competition and Consumer Protection Enforcement: Aiming Toward a Common Goal in the Emerging Global Marketplace"
Before the 20th Annual International Business Law Institiute on the Practice of International Business Transactions, Minneapolis, Minnesota, April 11, 1996
- Innovation Markets in Merger Review Analysis: The FTC Perspective
Before the Continuing Legal Education Seminar, The Florida Bar, Orlando, Florida, February 23, 1996
- "Antitrust Issues in Integrated Health Care Delivery Systems"
Before the "1996 Conference on Practice Management" Presented by the American Society of Anesthesiologists, New Orleans, Louisiana, January 13, 1996
- "A Brief Review of the FTC's Environmental and Food Advertising Enforcement Programs"
Before the Intellectual Property Law Committee of the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Chicago, Illinois, October 13, 1995
- "International Aspects of Antitrust Enforcement"
Before "Antitrust 1996" A Conference Presented by Business Develpment Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C., September 29, 1995
- "Consumer Protection in the Age of Borderless Markets and the Information Revolution"
Before the Conference on Transborder Consumer Regulation and Enforcement University House Balmain Crescent, Australian National University Canberra, Australia, June 7, 1995
- "Trade and the Economy: Reasserting America's Competitive Edge"
Before The National Policy Forum Trade Megaconference on Trade and the Economy: Reasserting America's Competitive Edge, Washington, D.C., May 5, 1995