Speeches -- 1998
- Changes in Competition Policy and Law at the Global Level
Debra A. Valentine, before Economic Development Institute of the World Bank First International Training Program Competition Policy Washington, D.C. December 13, 1998
- About Privacy: Protecting the Consumer on the Global Information Infrastructure
Debra A. Valentine, before Yale Law and Technology Society Yale Law School New Haven, Connecticut December 8, 1998
- Solutions for Data Protection and Global Trade
Mozelle W. Thompson, before the EU Committee of AMCHAM, Brussels, Belgium, December 3, 1998
- Managing the Privacy Revolution '98
Mozelle W. Thompson, before the Privacy & American Business Conference, Crystal City, Virginia, December 1, 1998
- Antitrust Enforcement and High Technology Markets
William J. Baer, before the American Bar Association, Sections of Business Law, Litigation, and Tort and Insurance Practice, San Francisco, California , November 12, 1998
- Enforcement of Consumer Protection and Competition Laws in the Global Marketplace: the North American Experience
Orson Swindle, before the Sydney Global Commerce Conference 1998, Presented by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Sydney Hilton Hotel, Sydney, Australia, November 10, 1998
- Competition Policy in a Global Economy--Today And Tomorrow
Robert Pitofsky, before The European Institute's Eighth Annual Transatlantic Seminar on Trade and Investment, Washington, D.C., November 4, 1998
- What's Really Going On Inside The Beltway?
Willard K. Tom, before the Insight Information Conference, "Managing Antitrust Law Counseling and Compliance in a Changing Legal Environment", Park Lane Hotel, New York, N.Y., October 20, 1998
- "Promoting Innovation Competition Through the Aspen/Kodak Rule"
Jonathan B. Baker, before The George Mason University Law Review
Antitrust Symposium: The Changing Face of Efficiency, Capitol Hill, Dirksen Senate Office Building, October 16, 1998
- "Efficiencies in Defense of Mergers: 18 Months After"
Robert Piftofsky, before the George Mason Law Review Antitrust Symposium: The Changing Face of Efficiency, Washington, D.C., October 16, 1998
- Licensing and Antitrust: Common Goals and Uncommon Problems
Willard K. Tom, before the American Conference Institute 9th National Conference on Licensing Intellectual Property, October 12, 1998
- Trends in Merger Enforcement and Litigation
Richard G. Parker before The Annual Briefing for Corporate Counsel, Washington, D.C. , September 16, 1998
- "Merger and Competition - The Way Ahead"
Robert Pitofsky, before the American Bar Association Annual Meeting
Toronto, Canada - August 4, 1998
Orson Swindle, before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade and Consumer Protection, July 21, 1998
Sheila F. Anthony, before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade and Consumer Protection, July 21, 1998
- "Competition and Consumer Protection Issues in the Digital Economy"
Mozelle W. Thompson, Luncheon Address to Wireless Communications Association, July 8, 1998
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission on "Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail"
Sheila F. Anthony, before the Subcommittee on Communication of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, United States Senate, June, 16, 1998
- "Industry Self-Regulation and Antitrust Enforcement: An Evolving Relationship"
Debra A. Valentine, before the Interdisciplinary Center Herzlia: The Arison School of Business and The Israeli Antitrust Authority Seminar on New Developments in Antitrust Policy, IDC Campus, Herzlia, Israel, May 24, 1998
- "Pyramid Schemes"
Debra A. Valentine, presented at the International Monetary Funds Seminar on Current Legal Issues Affecting Central Banks, Washington, D.C., May 13, 1998
- "Report from the Bureau of Competition"
William J. Baer, before the American Bar Association, Antitrust Section Spring Meeting 1998, Federal Trade Commission Committee, Washington, D.C., April 2, 1998
- The Robinson-Patman Act: Annual Update
Donald S. Clark, before the Robinson-Patman Act Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, Forty-Sixth Annual Spring Meeting, Washington, D.C., April 2, 1998
- "Advertising and Unfair Competition: FTC Enforcement"
Sheila F. Anthony, before 13th Annual Advanced ALI-ABA Course of Study for In-House and Outside Counsel, March 20, 1998
- "Vertical Issues in Federal Antitrust Law"
Sheila F. Anthony, before 13th Annual Advanced ALI-ABA Course of Study, March 19, 1998
- "Self-Regulation and Antitrust"
Robert Pitofsky, D. C. Bar Association Symposium, Washington, D.C., February 18, 1998,
- "The Emerging Electronic Marketplace"
Robert Pitofsky, Prepared Remarks before Cyberbanking and Electronic Conference, Washington, D.C., February 2, 1998