Submission Number: 00002
Received: 11/17/2012 9:23:30 AM
Commenter: P. Alden Mount
Organization: research/info technology
Agency: Federal Trade Commission
Initiative: Proposed Consent Agreement In the Matter of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc., File No. 101-0137
Attachments: No Attachments
thank you for this very informative article.
1. my driver's license was stolen in January 2001 (two thousand and one)
2. it was used by persons in Massachusetts and then transferred to Calif. and Oklahoma, etc.
3. I have not driven nor had car for all this time.
4. replacement licenses and cars are part of "road show" activity and probably big part of rental business.
5. Avis was not part of Kathy Taylor's Dollar/budget/thrifty deal a few years back.
6. I went to AAA to pay annual membership on thursday November 15th.
7. Taking into consideration the ftc's awareness of scams (thanks for your Business blog, etc. is there any correlation between money that I spend and where with these deals that are made.
8. I've had a website for over a year with trade name report "patent" for company which has not ever made any money.
9. Identity thieves have used website/name/car/driver's license/etc. and continue to do so.
thank you for your attention.