|Received:||7/12/2006 11:30:06 AM|
|Organization:||World Information Network|
|Subject:||Business Opportunity Rule|
|Title:||Notice of Proposed Rulemaking|
|CFR Citation:||16 CFR Part 437|
Comments:FTC; Hello, we're Jim-Marcia McAnarney from Wichita, Ks. We've been Independent Business Owners with the Quixtar/Amway business since 1985. This business opportunity has been our sole source of income since 1989. In 1991 we reached the Diamond level of achievement. When we started our company we knew two things; 1) We had a superb distruibution and manufacturing company to team with and 2) We had a system of teaching and training through our Business Support Team that we could plug into for guidance and leadership. This was the help we needed to build our teams while the Corporation supplied us with products and services. All of our prospects realize, like we did, that this is a business and that consistent effort is required. This is not a get rich quick scheme like so many others, this is something you build for your family's future! We tell people that our job is show you the way, it's your responsibility to do the work therefore there are NO guarantees of success--it's up to You! Our intital registration pack includes about $95.00 of product plus catalogs, and the inital Quixtar registration fees. In total it comes to around $188.00 depending on taxes. We'd like to address some of the following FTC proposed issues... 7-DAY WAIT PERIOD WHY? When I was in sales we only had to give the customer a 3 day recension notice. There is absolutely no benefit to the prospect as the 7 day wait period will limit the number of prospects they can sponsor! People are so excited when they get their business up and running and want to get others going immediately. So by having to wait for 7 days the enthusiasm level wanes, especially for family memebers and friends! REFERENCES I am gravely concerned about this propsed ruling as I, along with almost everyone, would NOT like my information given out to just any prospect! Who knows who someone is talking to, it's a security issue! Secondly, what happens if MY prospect talks to another Business Owner and decides to join HIS business! Now I've actually prospected for someone else.... Our prospects get to meet other IBO's at weekly, monthly and house meetings. There is already ample opportunity for people to size up us and this opportunity. LITIGATION LIST WHY? Why should we be required to air a handful of peoples laundry? WalMart, Target, etc. doesn't have a list like this on the wall sin their stores.....all this would do is create even more confusion in the prospects mind, all due to a few! What about the cases that actually have no merit but would still show up on the list? Planting negative up front would be very detrimental to our business! EARNINGS DISCLOSURES We currently use the corporations SA4400 to show prospects the average monthly gross income. It would be impossible to substantiate every single earnings example without using Quixtar's printed materials that disclose the average income of Business Owners at each level. Personally we talk in generalities and very few, if any, specifics. This proposal would be a nightmare for IBO's. FINANCIAL SUBSTANTIATION I have shown many prospects my personal tax returns. It's interesting that so many still don't join us even after seeing a Diamond's income! One reason for NOT showing your personal returns is that the Quixtar income may only be a part of the total tax return. Then how would you go about breaking it down for them??? Marcia and I have always showed monthly checks, even from the beginning. It's amazing how it still doesn't make the difference for many prospects, they still have to believe that THEY can do it! IN CLOSING may we suggest that the FTC target the people and companies that are creating the problems instead of the enitre industry! It's always the very few that muddy it up for the rest of us. If You, the FTC, could focus on the 1% it lets the other 99% free to grow their business's and stimulate the economy!