Commission Actions for May 2004
May 28 , 2004
- Project No. P044804
Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003: Medical Information Rulemaking:
Comments of the Federal Trade Commission On Proposed Rule Part 717, Fair Credit Reporting-Medical Information, to the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the National Credit Union Administration.
May 27, 2004
- Statement of Federal Trade Commission Chairman Timothy J. Muris on the GAO Study on 1990s Oil Mergers and Concentration Released Today
- Federal Trade Commission, plaintiff, v. 3rd Union Card Services Inc., doing business as Pharmacycards.com, a Delaware Corporation; Helmcrest, Ltd., a company incorporated under the Laws of Cyprus, doing business as Pharmacycards.com; David Graham Turner, and Steve Pearson, individually and as officers of the above companies, defendants., United States District Court District of Nevada, Civil Action No.: CV-S-04-0712-RCJ-RJJ
May 26, 2004
- Federal Trade Commission, Plaintiff, v.Hanson Publications, Inc., a corporation, 9069-5057 Quebec, Inc., a corporation, also d/b/a Hanson Publications, Inc., Associated Merchant Paper Supplies, Inc., a corporation, also d/b/a AMPS and Fourniture de Papier Associated Merchant, Inc., Albert Mouyal, individually, and as an owner and/or officer or director of the corporate defendants, Adrian P. Towning, individually, and as an owner and/or officer or director of the corporate defendants, and Charles Hamouth, individually, and as an owner and/or officer or director of the corporate defendants, Defendants., U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, Eastern Division, FTC Matter No. 022-3219, Civil Action No. 1:02 CV 2205
May 25, 2004
- Lorrie McMahon, et al., Petitioners, v. Advanced Title Services Company of West Virginia, et al., Respondents. (In the Supreme Court of Appeals of the State of West Virginia; Case No.: 31706) V040017 (May 25, 2004)
May 21, 2004
May 20 , 2004
- Project P049106: Public Workshop: Radio Frequency Identification: Applications and Implications for Consumers: Announcement of Extension of the Public Comment Period Until July 9, 2004.
- 16 CFR Parts 602, 603, 604, and 611: Amendment of Rules Under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003: Technical Amendments to Previously-Issued Rules: Final Rules
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission On "Unsolicited Commercial Email," Presented by Chairman Timothy J. Muris, Before the Committee On Commerce, Science and Transportation, United States Senate (May 20, 2004).
May 18, 2004
- Media Maverick, Inc., d/b/a Maverick Marketing Group, d/b/a Maverick Media, d/b/a Balance Bracelet USA, Mark Jones, and Charles Cody, defendants. v. FTC (United States District Court, Central District of California Western Division), File No.: 032-3184, Civil Action No. 04-3395-SVW(CWx)
May 14, 2004
- Skybiz.Com, Inc., et al., FTC. v. (Dist. Ct., N.D. Oklahoma), FTC File No. X01 0046
- Federal Trade Commission, Plaintiff v. Capital City Mortgage Corporation, A Maryland Corporation; Marcia C. Fidis and Caroline Koestner Nash, in their capacities as representatives of the Estate of Thomas K. Nash; and Eric J. Sanne, Defendants; and Thomas K. Nash Family Trust and Alan W. Nash in his capacity as trustee; and Nash Marital Trust Under Will of Thomas K. Nash and Marcia C. Fidis and Caroline Koestner Nash, in their capacities as co-trustees, Relief Defendants, (GK/AK) (District of the District of Columbia), Civil Action No. 98CV-237
May 13, 2004
- NCO Group, Inc., et al., United States of America, v. (United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania), FTC File No. 992-3012
- Federal Trade Commission v. Bay Area Business Council, Inc., et al. (Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division), FTC File No. X020103, Civil Action No. 02 C 5762
- Federal Trade Commission. v. Greeting Cards of America. Inc., et al., United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Case No. 03-60746-civ-gold, FTC File No. X030044, Civil Action No. 03-60746-Civ-Gold
May 12, 2004
- Federal Trade Commission, Plaintiff v. Ambus Registry, Inc., a corporation; Sukhraj Singh Chana, individually and as a director and officer of Ambus Registry, Inc.; and Garther Cheung, individually and as a director and officer of Ambus Registry, Inc., Defendants, (United States District Court for the Western District of Washington at Tacoma)., Case No. CV03-1294RBL
- Comments of the Staff of the Bureau of Consumer Protection, the Bureau of Economics, and the Office of Policy Planning of the Federal Trade Commission, Before the Food and Drug Administration In the Matter of Request for Comments on Agency Draft Guidance Documents Regarding Consumer-Directed Promotion, Docket No. 2004D-0042 (V040016) (May 2004).
May 11 , 2004
May 6 , 2004
- Brian D. Westby, Martijn P. Bevelander, Maps Holding B.V., and PB Planning & Services B.V., FTC v. (Northern Dist. Of Ill. Eastern Div.) Civil Action No. 03 C 2540, FTC File No. 032 3030
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission for the Hearing on Online Pornography: Closing the Door on Pervasive Smut,
Presented by J. Howard Beales, III, Director, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Before the Subcommittee On Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection of the Committee on Energy and Commerce, United States House of Representatives (May 6, 2004).
May 5, 2004
- Federal Trade Commission v. National Consumer Council, an Arizona Corporation; National Consumer Council, a California Corporation; National Consumer Council, a Nevada Corporation; London Financial Group; National Consumer Debt Council, LLC; SOLIDIUM, LLC Doing Business as SoLidium Credit Recovery Services; United Consumers Law Group, a Professional Corp.; J.P. Landis, LLC; Financial Rescue Services, Inc.; Signature Equities, LLC; M&L Springfield Trust; PC Hailey Trust; Via Lido Trust; Walter L. Haines a/k/a Walter L. Hainowitz; Paul Kardos; Walter Joseph Ledda a/k/a Walter W. Ledda; Harvey Warren a/k/a Harvey Zvansky; Martha K. Levitsky a/k/a Martha E. Kerchen; Mary Beth Harper a/k/a Mary Beth Scholz (United States District Court Central District of California, Western Division) Case No. SACV 04-0474 CJC (JWJx)
May 4, 2004
May 3, 2004
- United States of America c/o Department of Justice Washington, D.C. 20530, plaintiff, v. William H. Gates III, One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052, defendant., In the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, FTC File No. 031-0258, Civil Action No.: 04 0721 CKK
- The College Scholarship Fraud Prevention Act of 2000:
Third Annual Report to Congress by the Department of Justice, the Department of Education, and the Federal Trade Commission (May 2004)