Commission Actions for September 2003
September 30, 2003
- Mainstream Marketing Services, Inc., et al. v. Federal Trade Commission: In the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit: Defendant Federal Trade Commission's Emergency Motion For A Stay Pending Appeal and Expedited
Briefing and Argument
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission on "The Status of the National Do Not Call Registry,"
Presented by Chairman Timothy J. Muris Before the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, United States Senate.
September 26, 2003
- Maintstream Marketing Services, Inc., et al. v. FTC (D.C. Colorado)
September 24, 2003
September 23, 2003
- Report of the State Action Task Force: Recommendations to Clarify and Reaffirm the Original Purposes of the State Action Doctrine To Help Ensure That Robust Competition Continues to Protect Consumers (September 2003).
- Text of the Task Force Report [PDF 4.8MB]
- Koninklijke DSM N.V., Roche Holding AG, and Fritz Gerber,
File No. 031 0064, Docket No. C-4098
September 22, 2003
September 19, 2003
- FTC v. Brian D. Westby, Martijn P. Bevelander, Maps Holding B.V., and PB Planning & Services B.V. (Northern Dist. Of Ill. Eastern Div.) Civil Action No. 03 C 2540
September 17, 2003
- FTC v. Canada Prepaid Legal Services, Inc., et al.
(Western District Of Washington)
- FTC v. Dillon Sherif, et al.
(Western District Of Washington)
- North Texas Specialty Physicians.
Docket No. 9312, File No. 021 0075
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission on Cross-Border Fraud,
Presented by Chairman Timothy J. Muris Before the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection of the Committee on Energy and Commerce, United States House of Representatives (September 17, 2003).
September 16, 2003
September 15, 2003
September 11, 2003
- FTC v. Datatech Communications, Inc., et al. (Northern Dist. Of Ill.)
September 9, 2003
- Federal Trade Commission Report to Congress, Pursuant to the Do Not Call Implementation Act, on Regulatory Coordination in Federal Telemarketing Laws (September 2003).
- Text of the Commission Report
- Appendix A: The Federal Trade Commission's Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule and Statement of Basis and Purpose
- Appendix B: The Federal Communications Commission's Amended Telephone Consumer Protection Act Regulations and Report and Order
- News Release
- Alcohol Marketing and Advertising: A Federal Trade Commission Report to Congress (September 2003)
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission Concerning the Contact Lens Industry and the Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act (H.R. 2221),
Presented by J. Howard Beales, III, Director, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Before the Committee on Energy and Commerce, United States House of Representatives (September 9, 2003).
- South Georgia Health Partners, L.L.C.; Coastal Plains Health Alliance, L.L.C.; Colquitt County PHO, L.L.C.; Colquitt County Physicians Association, L.L.C.; Georgia/Florida Preferred, L.L.C., doing business as Health Alliance of the South; Qualicare Physicians Association, L.L.C.; Satilla Healthnet, Inc.; South Georgia PHO, L.L.C.; and South Georgia Physician Network, L.L.C.,
File No. 011 0222
September 4, 2003
- Stewart Finance Company Holdings, Inc.; Stewart Finance Company, Inc.; Stewart National Finance Company, Inc.; Stewart Finance Company of Louisiana, Inc.; Stewart Finance Company of Missouri, Inc.; Stewart Finance Company of Illinois, Inc.; Stewart Finance Company of Tennessee, Inc.; D&E Acquisitions, Inc.; Preferred Choice Auto Club, Inc.; Stewart Insurance, Ltd.; J&J Insurance, Ltd.; and John Ben Stewart, Jr., FTC v.,
Civ. No. 103CV-2648 (Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division)
September 3, 2003
September 2, 2003