Commission Actions for May 2003
May 30, 2003
- In the Supreme Court of the United States: Dee-K Enterprises, Inc. and Asheboro Elastics Corporation, Petitioners, v. Heveafil SDN.BHD, et al.
On Petition For A Writ of Certiorari to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit: Brief for The United States and The Federal Trade Commission As Amici Curiae.
- In the Supreme Court of the United States: Verizon Communications, Inc., Petitioner, v. Law Offices of Curtis P. Trinko, LLP,
On Writ of Certiorari to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit: Brief for The United States and The Federal Trade Commission As Amici Curiae Supporting the Petitioner.
May 29, 2003
May 27, 2003
- Federal Trade Commission v. A. Glenn Braswell; JOL Management Co.; G.B. Data Systems, Inc.; Gero Vita International, Inc.; Theraceuticals, Inc.; and Ron Tepper (Central District of California)
May 23, 2003
May 22, 2003
May 21, 2003
- Proposed Amendments to the North Carolina Motor Fuel Marketing Act:
Comments of the Staff of the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Competition, Bureau of Economics, and Office of Policy Planning
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission On "Unsolicited Commercial Email,"
Presented by Commissioner Mozelle W. Thompson and Commissioner Orson Swindle Before the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, United States Senate
May 20, 2003
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission on The Fair Credit Reporting Act,
Presented By J. Howard Beales, III, Director, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate
Operation Phoney Philanthropy
Phoney Philanthropy State Participant List [PDF 10KB]
Phoney Philanthropy State Cases List [PDF 8KB]
- Federal Trade Commission v. Community Affairs, Inc., also known as Powertel and Mountaineer Teleservices; Christopher Heins; and Luis Ferreira (Southern District of Florida, Fort Lauderdale Division)
- Federal Trade Commission v. Mitchell D. Gold, et al. (Central District of California, Western Division).
May 16, 2003
- FMC Corporation, Solutia Inc., and Astaris LLC, File No. 991 0218, Docket No. C-3935
- Federal Trade Commission v. Check Investors, Inc.; Check Enforcement, Inc.; Jaredco, Inc.; Barry S. Sussman; Elisabeth M. Sussman; and Charles T. Hutchins (District of New Jersey), Civil No. 03-2115 (JWB).
May 15, 2003
- FTC v. Alyon Technologies, Inc. (Northern Dist. Georgia)
- FTC v. The College Advantage, Inc. (East. Dist. of Tex.)
- FTC v. K4 Global Publishing, Inc. (Mid. Dist. Of Georgia)
- FTC v. Patrick Cella, d/b/a Quik Cash, et al. (Cent. Dist. Of Calif.)
May 9, 2003
May 8, 2003
May 7, 2003
May 5, 2003
- The College Scholarship Fraud Prevention Act of 2000:
Second Annual Report to Congress by the Department of Justice, the Department of Education, and the Federal Trade Commission (May 2003)
May 2, 2003
- 16 C.F.R. Part 309
Labeling Requirements For Alternative Fuels and Alternative Fueled Vehicles: Proposal to Amend the Rule's Alternative Fueled Vehicle Label for New Vehicles: Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Invitation to Submit Comments
- The Ted Warren Corporation, The Ken Roberts Institute, Inc., The Ken Roberts Company, and Ken Roberts, as an officer of the corporations, File No. 992 3298, Docket No. C-4078
- Conoco Inc. and Phillips Petroleum Company, File No. 021 0040, Docket No. C-4058
- Carlsbad Physician Association, Inc.; and William J. Baggs, M.D.; Srichand S. Dara, M.D.; Glen Moore; James J. Purpura, D.O.; Deborah J. Schenck, M.D.; Charles L. Secora, M.D.; Majid A. Syed, M.D.; and Richard L. Zizza, M.D., File No. 031 0002
May 1, 2003