Commission Actions: November 2000
November 29, 2000
- FTC v. Mylan Laboratories, Inc., Cambrex Corporation, Profarmaco S.R.I., and Gyma Laboratories of America, Inc. (District for the District of Columbia) (FTC File No. X990015).
November 28, 2000
- Docket No. 9293
In the Matter of Hoechst Marion Roussel, Inc., Carderm Capital L.P., and Andrx Corporation.
- Order Withdrawing Matter From Adjudication
- Docket No. 9295
In the Matter of H.J. Heinz Company; Milnot Holding Corporation; and Madison Dearborn Partners Capital, L.P.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Transactions in the Borderless Online Marketplace: Summary of June 6-7, 2000 Public Workshop
- Text of November 2000 Staff Report by Federal Trade Commission and Department of Commerce Staff [PDF 92K]
- News Release
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Notice Regarding Ceiling on Charges Consumer Reporting Agencies May Impose for Disclosures Pursuant to Section 609 of the Act
November 21, 2000
- Marketing Violent Entertainment to Children: A Review of the Applicability of the Federal Trade Commission Act to Practices Documented in the Commission Report
- Text of Letter from the Commission to The Honorable John McCain, Chairman, Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, United States Senate [HTML] [PDF 772K]
- News Release
November 17, 2000
- 16 C.F.R. Parts 1 and 311
Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act of 1990, as amended by the Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996: Final Rule Amendments
- Docket No. C-3981
In the Matter of Agrium, Inc., and Union Oil Company of California and Unocal Corporation.
- Docket No. C-3982
In the Matter of Manheim Auctions, Inc., Cox Enterprises, Inc., ADT Automotive Holdings, Inc., and Tyco International, Ltd.
- Docket No. C-3983
In the Matter of Weider Nutrition International, Inc.
November 14, 2000
- 16 C.F.R. Parts 300 and 303
Rules and Regulations Under the Textile Fiber Products Identification Act and Rules and Regulations Under the Wool Products Labeling Act of 1939:
Electronic Filing of Applications for Registered Identification Numbers; Incorporation By Reference of International Organization for Standardization standard ISO 2076; Clarification of Origin Labeling Requirements; and Amendments to the Wool Rules.
- Public Workshop:
The Mobile Wireless Web, Data Services and Beyond: Emerging Technologies and Consumer Issues.
November 13, 2000
- FTC v. World Interactive Gaming Corp., et al.
November 8, 2000
November 7, 2000
- Docket No. C-3980
In the Matter of SmartScience Laboratories, Inc., and Gene C. Weitz.
November 2, 2000
- 16 C.F.R. Parts 2 and 4
Access Requests From Foreign and Domestic Law Enforcement Agencies:
Amendments to the FTC Rules of Practice To Delegate to the Director of the Bureau of Competition the Authority to Respond to Certain Requests Made Pursuant to Agreements Under the International Antitrust Enforcement Assistance Act, and to Change the FTC Officials to Whom Requests from State Agencies May Be Addressed.
- Text of Federal Register Notice
November 1, 2000
- File No. 001 0082
In the Matter of Novartis AG; AstraZeneca, PLC; and Syngenta AG.
- Agreement Containing Consent Orders [PDF 11K], Including the Decision & Order [PDF 44K ]
- Complaint [PDF 15K]
- Order to Maintain Assets [PDF 23K]
- Analysis of the Complaint and Proposed Consent Order to Aid Public Comment
- News Release