Commission Actions for
October 29, 1999
- Comment of the Staff of the Bureau of Consumer Protection to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
October 26, 1999
- Agreement Between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Federative Republic of Brazil Regarding Cooperation Between Their Competition Authorities in the Enforcement of Their Competition Laws
October 25, 1999
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission on "Web Site Cramming"
Presented by Jodie Bernstein, Director, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Before the Committee on Small Business, United States Senate
October 22, 1999
- Privacy Act system notice and proposed rule amendment to implement the Identity Theft Assumption and Deterrence Act of 1998:
- File No. 991 0319
In the Matter of VNU N.V.
- File No. 991 0178
In the Matter of El Paso Energy Corporation.
- Agreement Containing Consent Order
- Schedule B Attachment to Agreement [PDF 13K]
- Complaint [PDF 15K]
- Analysis of Proposed Consent Order to Aid Public Comment (added 10/26/99)
- News Release
October 20, 1999
- 16 C.F.R. Part 312
Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule: Issuance of Final Rule
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission: Slotting Allowances and the Antitrust Laws
Presented by Willard K. Tom, Deputy Director, Bureau of Competition, Before the Committee on the Judiciary, United States House of Representatives
October 18, 1999
- 16 C.F.R. Part 241
Rescission of the Guides for the Dog and Cat Food Industry, and Announcement of Enforcement Policy
- Docket No. C-3899
In the Matter of Fleet Finance, Inc.; Home Equity U.S.A., Inc. (Rhode Island); and Home Equity U.S.A., Inc. (Delaware).
October 15, 1999
- 16 C.F.R. Part 436: The Franchise Rule
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to Amend the Trade Regulation Rule Entitled "Disclosure Requirements and Prohibitions Concerning Franchising and Business Opportunity Ventures"
- 16 C.F.R. Part 453: The Funeral Rule
Announcement of Date of Public Workshop Conference Concerning Regulatory Review of the Trade Regulation Rule on Funeral Industry Practices
October 14, 1999
- U.S. v. Unicor Funding, Inc. (Central Distrcit of California)
October 6, 1999
October 1, 1999
- Antitrust Guidelines for Collaborations Among Competitors
Issued in Draft by the Federal Trade Commission and the United States Department of Justice on October 1, 1999
- File No. 982 3040
In the Matter of New England Tractor Trailer Training School of Massachusetts, Inc.; New England Tractor Trailer Training School of Connecticut, Inc.; and Mark Greenberg.