for July 1998
July 31, 1998
- FTC v. Cardinal Health, Inc., and Bergen Brunswig Corp. (Dist. of Columbia)
FTC v. McKesson Corp., and Amerisource Health Corp. (Dist. of Columbia)
July 30, 1998
- FTC and the State of Missouri v. Tenet Healthcare Corp. and Poplar Bluff Physicians Group, Inc. (E.D. Missouri)
- FTC v. Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation (District of Columbia District)
July 29, 1998
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission Concerning H.R. 4277, the "Quality Health-Care Coalition Act of 1998"
Presented by Chairman Robert Pitofsky, Before the Committee on the Judiciary, United States House of Representatives
July 28, 1998
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission on "Obtaining Confidential Financial Information by Pretexting"
Presented by Commissioner Mozelle W. Thompson, Before the Committee on Banking and Financial Services, United States House of Representatives
July 27, 1998
- File No. 981 0111
In the Matter of Nortek, Inc.
July 23, 1998
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission on "Cramming"
Presented by Eileen Harrington, Associate Director, Division of Marketing Practices, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Before the Subcommittee on Investigations of the Governmental Affairs Committee, United States Senate
July 22, 1998
- File No. 932 3275
In the Matter of Gateway 2000, Inc.
July 21, 1998
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission on "Consumer Privacy on the World Wide Web"
Presented by Chairman Robert Pitofsky, with Commissioner Sheila F. Anthony, Commissioner Mozelle W. Thompson, and Commissioner Orson Swindle at the Table, Before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade and Consumer Protection of the Committee on Commerce, United States House of Representatives
July 20, 1998
- Docket No. C-3818
In the Matter of Digital Equipment Corporation.
- File No. 971 0110
In the Matter of South Lake Tahoe Lodging Association.
- 16 C.F.R. Part 305
Rule Concerning Disclosures Regarding Energy Consumption and Water Use of Certain Home Appliances and Other Products Required Under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act ("Appliance Labeling Rule"): Final Rule.
July 17, 1998
- 16 C.F.R. Part 4
Access to Records by Foreign Governments: Final Rule.
July 16, 1998
July 15, 1998
July 14, 1998
- File No. 972 3308
In the Matter of Kalvin P. Schmidt
July 13, 1998
July 10, 1998
July 9, 1998
- 16 C.F.R. Part 432
Trade Regulation Rule Relating to Power Output Claims for Amplifiers Utilized in Home Entertainment Products.
- Federal Register Notice: Final Rule [PDF]
- Federal Register Notice: Proposed Rule [PDF]
July 8, 1998
- 16 CFR Parts 0, 1, and 3
Organization, General Procedures, Rules of Practice for Adjudicative Proceedings
- 16 CFR Part 802
Premerger Notification; Reporting and Waiting Period Requirements
July 7, 1998
- 16 CFR Part 304
Regulatory Review and Regulatory Flexibility Act Review of Rules and Regulations Issued Under the Hobby Protection Act
July 2, 1998
- File No. 971 0091
In the Matter of PacifiCorp
July 1, 1998
- United States of America v. Robert M. Oliver d/b/a U.S. Consumer Protection Agency (N. Dist. of Florida)
- Complaint For Civil Penalities, Consumer Redress, Permanent Injunction, And Other Equitable Relief
- News Release