For Your Information: January 14, 2000
The Federal Trade Commission today announced the following actions:
Consent agreements given final approval:
- Following a public comment period, the Commission has made final a consent agreement with the following entity: New England Tractor Trailer Training School of Massachusetts. The Commission action makes the consent order binding on the respondent.
- The Commission vote to finalize the consent agreement was 4-0, with Commissioner Thomas B. Leary not participating and Commissioner Orson Swindle issuing a concurring statement. (FTC File No. 982-3040; staff contacts are Carol Jennings, 202-326-3010, and Elaine Kolish, 202-326-3042; see press release dated October 1, 1999.)
- Following a public comment period, the Commission has made final a modified decision and order and consent order with the following entity, and forwarded letters to the commenters of record: The Kroger Co. The Commission action makes the decision and orders binding on the respondent.
- The Commission vote to finalize the consent agreement was 4-0, with Commissioner Thomas B. Leary not participating. (FTC File No. 991-0024; staff contact is Daniel P. Ducore, 202-326-2526; see press release dated May 27, 1999.)
Commission reports approved for release:
- The Commission has approved the release of its Annual Report for Fiscal Year 1998 and transmitted a copy to Congress. The vote to approve the release of the report was 4-0, with Commissioner Thomas B. Leary not participating. (FTC File No. P962501; information about the report can be obtained from the FTC's Office of the Secretary, 202-326-2521.)
Copies of the documents mentioned in this FYI are available from the FTC's web site at http://www.ftc.gov and also from the FTC's Consumer Response Center, Room 130, 600 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580; 877-FTC Help (877-382-4357); TDD for the hearing impaired 1-866-653-4261. To find out the latest news as it is announced, call the FTC NewsPhone recording at 202-326-2710.
- Media Contact:
- Office of Public Affairs