Information and Technology Management Office
Jeffrey Huskey, Director
and Chief Information Officer
The Information and Technology Management Office (ITMO) is responsible for direct mission support applications, services, and related office systems, technological infrastructure, data security, technical contract oversight, and library services. ITMO's activities include:
- Supporting FTC litigation with technical services and consultation in connection with law enforcement matters, including designing and producing exhibits, advising on presentation of expert testimony, participating in the seizure and analysis of data from defendants, and assisting with the use of electronic courtroom hardware and software.
- Providing technical support for FTC program activities such as Do-Not- Call Registry, privacy, electronic commerce, consumer protection, and antitrust activities.
- Providing extensive Web design, development, security, and maintenance support.
- Supplying end-user technology support on a day-to-day basis, supporting PC hardware, software, and peripherals, providing videoconferencing and videotaping services, customizing and configuring software, and managing PC upgrades.
- Developing applications that automate the FTC's business processes, integrating applications within the agency, developing Internet databases, designing and maintaining agency forms, providing quality assurance, and conducting life cycle reviews of agency applications.
- Managing agency network servers that host FTC applications, network printing and faxing, databases, e-mail, telephone service, file sharing, and secure remote access.
- Administering an extensive library collection of legal, business, and economic research materials, maintaining an online catalog containing bibliographic information on over 25,000 books, periodicals, and audio-visual materials, and providing subscriptions to several web-based online research services.
- Managing a local and nationwide network, and providing systems security, backups, and capacity planning.