|Consumers in certain Midwest markets have experienced sharp increases in the price of gasoline since early spring. The FTC is conducting an expedited investigation to learn the cause of these price increases. The Commission will provide a status report on the investigation in late July.
For More Information on the FTC's Investigation
- FTC News Release on Interim Report on Midwest Gas Price Investigation (July 28, 2000)
- Richard G. Parker's testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources (July 13, 2000)
- FTC News Release on Commission testimony today before the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources on July 13, 2000.
- Chairman Robert Pitofsky's Statement on the gasoline price situation on Capitol Hill on June 22, 2000
- FTC News Release on Commission testimony before House of Representatives Commerce Committee, Committee on Government Reform, and Committee on the Judiciary
- Opening Statement by Chairman Robert Pitofsky before Committees of the House of Representatives
- Testimony by Bureau of Competition Director Richard G. Parker before House of Representatives Committee on the Judiciary
If you have information you would like to share with us on this matter, please write to us at: Gas Prices, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20580 or send an email message to email@example.com.