From: Betty Brown <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, May 13, 1999 3:01 PM
Subject: 16 CFR part 453
What I would like to see in the funeral rule:
1) Funeral providers have on the GPL more information (like: "You have the right to purchase ALL of the Product at any other retail store, like a casket store, or even homemake your own. The list of stores in this area are:" (wouldn't that take the wind out of the cheaters!) We gladly accept all delivery with no handling fees or discrimination in any way.
2) Emblaming is only a short method of preserving the remains for a viewing. It also includes (and a full description for the knowledge of the family, what exactly happens, with what chemicals, items)
3) A viewing can be had with or without the embalming required in this estab./and the cooler along with our make-up staff will make the deceased presentable, and perhaps save quite a few hundred dollars.
4) The viewing does not have to have the use of any container (casket) if that is what the family wishes. We are here to SERVE you.
5) The funeral home has no commision kick backs from any cemetery (and have that industry into the funeral rule jurisdiction also)for any referrals or sales by them to the family we serve.
6) I would like to see the funeral home not be allowed to double charge a family that has to transport the deceased from ont area to another, buy adding a Basic Service fee at both ends. This is outragious!!! IT drives the cost up sky high!
My name is Betty Brown, Ceo of A Team Masters Casket Store, 262 Shelton Blvd., Eastlake, Oh 44095, phone: 440-942-8769